ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Official support for: spcplugins.com
User avatar
SPC Plugins
KVRist
75 posts since 28 Aug, 2011 from United Kingdom

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am

ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta is available for public testing from:

https://www.spcplugins.com/beta

It has unison mode with up to 16 oscillator copies. You're welcome to download it, give it a test and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Update: ArcSyn's parameter display and the host display should now show the detune amount as 0 to 200 cents. This is the difference between the lowest and highest voices.

User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
334 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm

I had a little very specific problem that I haven't been able to reproduce and I don't remember the details too good... I was messing with the init patch, with unison at 16 voices, 50% detune. Changed Osc 1 wave from Saw to an FM mode (I don't know if before or after activating unison), think it was the 2nd or 3rd FM modes (one of the harmonic ones) and got a weird behaviour: When moving the Shape control, it only affected one voice out of the 16, I could hear it and tested it with a scope. The other voices remained where the Shape control was originally, at 0%.

Then tried to do it again but all the waveshapes worked perfectly so... I suppose it's just a very specific case to get to the problem. Will update if I manage to reproduce it though.

Also it would be great if you could add a label in the GUI with the Satyatunes skin, I could not find Unison at first :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thanks for the update, huge sound! Love that I can now do unison saw chords :love: :love: . Also incredible wall of sound when activating all possible unisons (global x16 with the three oscs as Super saws).

User avatar
bftucker
KVRian
1105 posts since 30 Apr, 2004 from Louisville, KY

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:24 pm

A pleasant surprise!

:party: :) :party:
바보

User avatar
SPC Plugins
KVRist
75 posts since 28 Aug, 2011 from United Kingdom

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 am

Jorgeelalto wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
I had a little very specific problem that I haven't been able to reproduce and I don't remember the details too good... I was messing with the init patch, with unison at 16 voices, 50% detune. Changed Osc 1 wave from Saw to an FM mode (I don't know if before or after activating unison), think it was the 2nd or 3rd FM modes (one of the harmonic ones) and got a weird behaviour: When moving the Shape control, it only affected one voice out of the 16, I could hear it and tested it with a scope. The other voices remained where the Shape control was originally, at 0%.
Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it.
Jorgeelalto wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Also it would be great if you could add a label in the GUI with the Satyatunes skin, I could not find Unison at first :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
The missing "UNISON" label on the Satyatunes skin has been fixed - just download it again to get the latest build.
Jorgeelalto wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Thanks for the update, huge sound! Love that I can now do unison saw chords :love: :love: . Also incredible wall of sound when activating all possible unisons (global x16 with the three oscs as Super saws).
I'm glad you noticed that! If you can play a 6-note chord with everything dialed up to 11, then it's 3 oscillators X 8 MultiSaws X 16 Unisons X 6 notes, which makes for 2,304 saws!

User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
334 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am

Cool, will update when I get home. I am not get bored of saying this: amazing synth! :D

User avatar
SPC Plugins
KVRist
75 posts since 28 Aug, 2011 from United Kingdom

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am

Update 16th January 2018: I've uploaded a new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0 which should fix a reported issue with the oscillator shape parameter not affecting unison voices on some waveforms.

User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
334 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

Hi Steven,

I realized the unison part of the GUIs is a bit all over the place... Maybe you are already working on it but I made an Imgur album with the small problems I found. These are skin problems only, nothing to do with the audio engine BTW (I add the red stripes to easily check the relative position of the elements):

So, in the satyatunes skin, the unison detune slider is too high and its top part is cut off:

Image

Also, the effect slot mix is too high, compared to the stock and Layzer skins:

Image

Here it is in the stock skin:

Image


In the Layzer skin, the elements are a bit misaligned and they are overlapping the "LCD display".

Image

I made a quick correction with my image editor, I think it looks great:

Image


If you have any questions please let me know! :)

Jorge

Breach The Sky
KVRer
22 posts since 8 Oct, 2018

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 am

Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?

User avatar
toonertik
KVRian
643 posts since 15 Feb, 2017

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Have you tried making the demo got to silence instead of a very un_soothing and intrusive noise.
I tried the demo, noise just gets in the way of even spending more than a few minutes patching>> uninstalled, pity looks interesting but I have synths and although this looks like it might bring something to the party, the noise just tells me >> get away.
Other demos I have tried (and sometimes bought) are not always so intrusive.

focusrite
KVRist
146 posts since 20 Aug, 2010

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:30 pm

toonertik wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Have you tried making the demo got to silence instead of a very un_soothing and intrusive noise.
I tried the demo, noise just gets in the way of even spending more than a few minutes patching>> uninstalled, pity looks interesting but I have synths and although this looks like it might bring something to the party, the noise just tells me >> get away.
Other demos I have tried (and sometimes bought) are not always so intrusive.
I second that and I'm an owner wanting to see this synth go further. How about a 20 minute hassle free demo with a reload synth to reset? No saving parameters or presets?

focusrite
KVRist
146 posts since 20 Aug, 2010

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Breach The Sky wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 am
Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?
+1 0000000000000

Return to “SPC Plugins”