update: Strings Dream 2.0.1 VST2 x64 Windows free/donationware

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Lotuz2019! About the remainders of the previous notes. That's by design since a few Paraphonic keyboards did the same, and while it was not a desired feature I though it was interesting to have for a small range of weird effects. As you noticed Release/Gate slider at around 25% or less it what works cleanly. What I could do is to stretch the slider range to so that you can reach the "remainders" zone only with high sliders positions.

It's not a problem now that I know it's supposed to be like this. In the manual I couldn't find any specific information though, so I suggest you add a paragraph about this paraphonic behaviour. 8)

This is a short demo song I made today,
an idea came and it was to use the Wave switch of Strings Dream
for simple wave sequencing, so the inner groove you hear in the chords is made
automating its Wave selector switch.
(You may also hear the switch noise)

What you hear in this?
1) Only one instance of strings dream with it's Echo effects + little external EQ.
2) Drums are the built-in kit of samples from analogue Drum Machines + external compressor and reverb.
http://nusofting.com/SDS/SDS_Wave_sequencing.mp3

This is certainly one of the quirkier retro synths and it sounds like you've been doing it more than justice. I do dig the authentic sounding drums, too. Considering this demo only uses one instance, it's most certainly quite complete and nice! :tu:

Thanks very much Taron.

Cool demo song. You'd expect the usual dreamy sci-fi chords from a string synth, but this shows its versatility. :tu:

I'm hyped. Release this year, Luigi?

Yes, I still have to change the preset system to be compatible with the VST2 Hots that ignore the selected preset index in the bank, like Digital Performer, Freestyle and somehow also Reaper.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:35 pm
*Formats: 32-bit VST2 will be delivered on customer request.
Yes please! :tu:
Unless there are others that also requested a 32 bit version, you can stop developing it as far as I'm concerned. As per today I've moved to 64 bit.

Any news about SDS btw? :)

I installed but could not use the demo because it informed me that it had expired.

Sorry everybody for not posting updates recently about SDS, I 'm totally absorbed by the new synth Sinmad that is a joy to use, for me at least <wink>

I will release one more public beta SDS before release, that it should happen around May.
Eirikur wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:00 pm I installed but could not use the demo because it informed me that it had expired.

Why this sudden rush to eliminate 32bit? How much work does it take and isn't it mostly the same as updating a 64bit VST from the developers perspective?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:26 pm Why this sudden rush to eliminate 32bit? How much work does it take and isn't it mostly the same as updating a 64bit VST from the developers perspective?
Because I need more time to test it to be sure that I'm not releasing a buggy 32-bit VST,
and anyway I've chosen another way, since I want to dedicate my time to the new SinMad synth and the relative website update for next months. Later I may update the 32-bit VST to 2.0 with the many new features.

So I'm releasing SDS 2.0 X64, finished today as freeware/donationware (donation is not mandatory)
while SDS 1.5 32-bit VST is completely free to use.

Hi everybody since I want to dedicate my time to the new SinMad synth and the
relative website update for next months, I'm releasing SDS 2.0 X64 as
freeware/donationware (donation is not mandatory)
while SDS 1.5 32-bit VST is completely free to use.

So far only on this forum.

Here all links:

SDS 2.0 X64
http://nusofting.com/download/NUSofting ... 4_safe.zip
The SDS 2.0 is a free/donationware VST,
a donation is not mandatory, but it helps!
Would you donate, please use this safe link
https://paypal.me/nusofting
(as little as 1.50 $, if you can afford it, is still a good donation)
Even with no donation You can still use this NUSofting plugin as you like and report bugs,
share your music, presets, etc..

SDS 1.5 32-bit

http://nusofting.com/download/Strings_D ... 32_VST.zip

liqih, that's good news!
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “NUSofting”