update: Strings Dream 2.0.1 VST2 x64 Windows free/donationware

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice! 8)

^ what he said

Thanks! BTW I'm thinking to make this below as default skin, too big? [download the image to see the real size] Any flaw? Any help with comments is welcome.
SDS_Big.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's hard to choose between these designs, but it makes sense to modernize the GUI for version 2. And I like this arctic theme. :tu: But with this new colour scheme I wouldn't use the green Velocity and the red Master fader knobs.

Good, I will make more variations, then when you all try the next beta6a you may also tell me which skins to remove from the bundle.

I'm not too worried about the looks, I'm all for the sound.

Old classic SDS theme works for me, just make it resizable and not blurry.

Current big skin isn't HD, looks like a stretched old skin.

I hope you have the resources to make a genuine HD skin.

I absolutely agree, I work to have the four HD skins: dark & silver X small and big. This is one almost finished
sds_2.0_beta6a_ableton_live.png
And about sound, beside the new oscillators I already said you will have this:
PHASER "Stages" selector:
1) "2=Notches" : a light phasing effect.
2) "4=Notches" : a typical swooshing effect.
3) "4+Damp" : same as "4=Notches" but with dampened highs.
4) "2+Damp" : same as "2=Notches" but with dampened highs.
5) "4+High Range" : swooshing effect shifted 2 octaves up.

The other PHASER controls are:
- LFO rate / speed
- Resonance / feedback.
- Width / range.

EFFECTS "Choice" selector:
1) "Delay Ambience" : a cross-talking stereo echo with vintage sound.
2) "Echo Ambience" : coupling of "Delay Ambience" and "Algo Ambience"
3) "Algo Ambience" : simple digital reverb
4) "Spring Reverb" : a reverb emulating the colours of a "spring tank" electro-acoustic reverb.
5) "Vibra Chorus" : a two voices chorus that converges to a mono vibrato
effect while the "Mix" knob reaches its maximum value.
can be used both as extra chorus or as vibrato for playing solos.

The other EFFECTS controls are
- Mix / Dry-Wet
- Size / Time.
- Bright / Amount.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I tried this is in Reason 10.4 and it worked fine.

Sonically it definitely hits the nail on the head as a String Machine. I liked it.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:41 pm I tried this is in Reason 10.4 and it worked fine.

Sonically it definitely hits the nail on the head as a String Machine. I liked it.

:-)
Great! Thanks a lot for your report.

great updates, Luigi.

SDS FTW !

Working further toward the release, I updated the PDF manual, a review is very welcome
http://nusofting.nusofting.com/images/SDS_help.pdf

Is it ready for the official release? 8)

Who is Marco Verschooren btw? Sounds Dutch. Someone who used to work at Eminent in the Seventies perhaps?

Ready for beta6a RC, I will put out one more public beta first.
Marco didn't work at Eminent but indeed he has a real Solina of that age, which I sampled for reference.

Here you are, please download beta6a from this updated page
http://nusofting.nusofting.com/strings_dream.html

And please let me know, here or privately, anything you think is still wrong with the synth, or even just what you don't like in it. Many thanks!

First impresssion is good. Sounds nice. Looks nice too. I like the new effects unit. Job well done! :)

But there's one thing I notice now and it seems to also happen in the previous beta version. With the ADSR In Paraphony mode and a high Release/Gate setting the note you play also seems to 'remember' the previous note(s) you played. As if it plays the remaining unheard release of those previous note(s). Maybe it's designed to do this, but it sounds like a cacaphony to me. It sounds best when I put the Release/Gate knob at around 25% (around 0.38 s in Polyphony mode). This rounds off the notes nicely. At higher settings I can hear remainders of the previous notes.

Return to “NUSofting”