Strings Dream Synthesizer 64 bit ?

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Liqih , can we expect to have a 64 bit version of Strings Dream Synthesizer ?

At least for Windows yes.

liqih wrote:At least for Windows yes.
! ! ! ! G R E A T ! ! ! !
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Can't wait, Luigi!

It will be ready for... hem... tomorrow morning?
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

what about next week? <grin>

Not for mac ?

liqih wrote:what about next week? :grin:
Take your time, Luigi. The essential is that the answer to the main question was not no.
:hyper:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

hivkorn wrote:Not for mac ?
I hope to have the resources for that update too, but I can't promise it right now. Apple has changed too many things with the latest OS.
Updating the Windows VST can take less than a day of work, but updating Mac AU and VST can take 10 times longer.

liqih wrote:but updating Mac AU and VST can take 10 times longer.
... and must probably require a new update of the plugins at almost each new release of OSX.

BlackWinny wrote:
liqih wrote:but updating Mac AU and VST can take 10 times longer.
... and must probably require a new update of the plugins at almost each new release of OSX.
Surprisingly no. For the moment we can still build plugins that run on OS X versions from 10.6.8 to the latest, though in some ways it is getting harder to support the older versions. Just in terms of it being hard to take advantage of newer OS features. But we've been sitting on the old AU format version for ages, and with Audio Unit v3 extensions being maybe desirable now, once we adopt that it might be a bit hard to build for the older OS X versions. I'd be interested to see if anyone still needs 32-bit versions of the plugins on OS X.

The main reason for a 64-bit build of something like SDS taking longer is that the previous Mac port wasn't done by me, and I've done a lot of work modernising the infrastructure for Mac builds of the more recent NUSofting products. So a Mac port of something new like Noisetar or Sinnah or Peti SA is fairly easy now. But we'd have to do a lot more work to bring SDS up-to-date, using the new flat GUI framework etc. And would enough people be willing to pay for that effort to pay off? (Hopefully yes, but we don't know yet.)

Reason for edit: I forgot a couple of key words for the "reason" sentence to make sense.

Return to “NUSofting”