Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please check the brand new Peti SA at
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/peti.html
or at
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/peti-sa ... -nusofting

Price is 54.00 USD, BUT currenly only 40.00 thanks to the Holiday Offer, before January 16th

Upgrade available for Peti 2.1 users, more info at
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download.html

Happy time!

Reminder

just gave it a try after ignoring this just because I thought I dont like accordions
and Peti SA is lovely.
I surprisingly love the sound im getting, seems like sth I always wanted without even knowing ;)
definitely thinking about a purchase

thanks again nusofting

thnaks fforet!
BTW being Peti SA as synth can even go beyond accordions and harmonium.
And its rich timbre works well with Phaser effects and other filters.

Hi,

I really like this instrument, it's so good I've replaced using my real harmonium and recording audio.

I have a couple of requests for minor improvements:
1. Can we sync the Bellow Rate to the tempo of track set in the DAW? Or maybe consider an alternative like finer Frequency adjustment allowing us to exactly match the tempo. And maybe a re-trigger for each note played?

2. I'm occasionally hearing some not so nice artefacts on attack transient, sounds like a digital glitch rather than an authentic ramp up of volume from a reed. It would also be nice to be able to control the transient volume.

Cheers, and thanks for the great instrument :)
Andy

andyg333 wrote:Hi,

I really like this instrument, it's so good I've replaced using my real harmonium and recording audio.

I have a couple of requests for minor improvements:
1. Can we sync the Bellow Rate to the tempo of track set in the DAW? Or maybe consider an alternative like finer Frequency adjustment allowing us to exactly match the tempo. And maybe a re-trigger for each note played?

2. I'm occasionally hearing some not so nice artefacts on attack transient, sounds like a digital glitch rather than an authentic ramp up of volume from a reed. It would also be nice to be able to control the transient volume.

Cheers, and thanks for the great instrument :)
Andy
Hi Andy,

many thanks for your feedback.

The LFO that makes the Bellow Rate is of course one for all notes, I can make it
to optionally reset on the first note after all keys are released, if you think that will help.
About the Rate to tempo, that's also a feature I could add, it seemed to me more a synth feature
than one needed for the "flowing playing" of harmonium/accordion, but if you and some other users think it would be nice to have....

About fine tuning the Rate frequency as it is now, just use shift+mouse. Yeah the display is only x.x Hz, but the values are finer. I will fix that.

Now the artifacts are not nice, you may help me more if you can say with which presets and note range they happen more frequently.

Hi, thanks for responding, it's great to know that you're still looking to improve the instrument. I'm wanting to use it a lot so this is awesome.

Thanks for letting me know the bellows rate can be adjusted finer than .1 Hz, yes would be good to display 2-3 decimal places. Re-trigger on a new (but not overlapping) note would be great as would DAW sync. You're right that is more of a synth feature, but I am using it like that as much as a stand-alone harmonium replacement. In the track I'm working on at the moment it's sounding like cross between a horn and a harmonium and is fabulous. I've turned off the bellows for now for a more consistent sound.

Re the artefacts, I'll try and capture that for you next time I hear it, last time when I noticed it I tweaked my settings to eliminate it. It happened with chords rather than single notes, I think when the 3 chord notes were not triggered at exactly the same time. I turned off the key click sounds but it was still there. I need to do some more work on the chord parts this week so will see if it happens again.

cheers,
Andy

Ok, I have one of your presets you can use to hear a glitch. It actually shows up much worse with this test than with my custom preset. I do have midi, audio and a preset I can send you if you wanted to test with mine. But I think you should be able to hear the problem if you follow the steps below. Hopefully fixing that will fix my much smaller glitch.

Use harmonium preset "Pan slow Peti", change Mode dial to "mod pan3".
Play back 'octave chords' D2+D3 or F2+F3 or G2+G3 from DAW midi each chord 1-3 beats duration.

Let me know if you need any further info or can't reproduce.

Good luck,
Andy

Yes I can reproduce it and will fix it soon. There's indeed a strange small noise on notes start, low notes.
Thanks again for your help.

Andy, can you please try if the Keyboard Coupler and Resonance, turned both to zero, do affect the artifacts?

[edit] those should reduce the noise but I have already found a line of code that could fix the issue, more later [/edit]

Glad you could find the issue, that'll make fixing it easier!

Reducing the resonance to 0 on my preset does indeed remove the unwanted artefact, although I miss the resonance. I already had the chord coupler off.

Removing resonance did not fix the problem on the standard patch modification described above. Also on that one: the unwanted sound triggers during long held notes (the 'octave chords' I described), so I assume that's something to do with the lfo.

Good luck with the fix, happy to help more if I can.

cheers,
Andy

so I fixed the Resonance artifacts. About the other noise on Mod 3 you found with preset Pan Slow Peti, that's just the Modulation and Brightness parameters that are too high to be modulated with LFO, if you reduce the knobs just a little the scratch noise goes away. With some next updates I may add a safety code for easier sound design.

Now if you are on Windows I can already send you the update to try, on Monday. You have my e-mail with the Peti order
or see nusofting.com, please let me know. Thanks.

Awesome, thanks... I'm on mac unfortunately, but will be in touch. Understood re the other sound, good idea to catch it though.
cheers,
Andy

Return to “NUSofting”