Modelonia 2.0.12 update and Reduced Price for May: closed!

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks again.
I'm afraid that Sony is not interested in supporting the Acid/Vegas/Sound Forge software bundle (formally Sonic Foundry) anymore.
There is a press release that the whole package was sold to Magix.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/new ... s-to-magix
Mario Strack - lyrical electro rock

And also no replies from both my inquiries yet. Plus your news from Sony all sounds bad for your Acid Pro 7, do you plan to switch to another DAW?

I will continue to work with ACID Pro for now - let's see what MAGIX can do for it.
Regarding the Modelonia problem, it should be possible to fix it - with the knowledge :wink:

yes but it's not just a question of knowledge, also of time and priorities, <wink>. There are dozens of VST and AU hosts to support, ideally a plugin should works flawlessy in all of them, but covering more than 90% of them is already a good goal.

..of course, of course. I bought it anyway for some extra motivation :wink: (and the irresistible May-deal)

MarioStrack wrote:..of course, of course. I bought it anyway for some extra motivation :wink: (and the irresistible May-deal)
Thanks, very nice of you, I hope to fulfil the expectations.
BTW I worked some hours with Acid Pro 7 and so far I found the my oldest products, daHornet Knagalis etc..,
and also my latest one Sinnah synth, work with no issue in Acid Pro 7.0e (I was going to suggest you to try Sinnah, its freeware, if haven't already
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Sinnah_VA_synth.html).
Hence there is a very hidden small flaw in Modelonia that does not affect the other DAWs but Acid Pro 7.0e, the hunting continues, <wink>

Found a workaround, I can't have a single stereo out working in Acid Pro 7.0e, but I can have two mono outs!
So I can make a build of Modelonia that when you load it in Acid Pro 7.0e it will show you two entries in the mixer, two mono channels : one for the left output of Modelonia and one for the right output. So instead of using the Pan knobs of Modelonia you will use the pan sliders of the 2 mixer channels. Not too bad, I hope <wink>

Good to hear, you are still thinking about :wink:
As far as I experienced, if I turn both resonators to right it's silent. So something wired is happening in the mixer section.
I have a workaround too, using Image Line Minihost Modular as VST instrument within ACID and put Modelonia in, that works.
I still hope, Robert will answer, he knows the solution. It was exactly the same with Unique.
Btw - in the large skin, in the AP EQ the db Hs is labeld db Ls.

Hi Luigi (guess it's you),

I got response from Robert, he didn't remember exactly (it's been a while) but he gave some hints.

Give a closer look at the buffer pointers if there is some overlapping

and in the Konstruktor it should classically look like this

isSynth();
setNumInputs(2);// <- give a try at least ;)
setNumOutputs(2);

Thanks again for your efforts, I hope this helps,

-Mario

MarioStrack wrote:Good to hear, you are still thinking about :wink:
As far as I experienced, if I turn both resonators to right it's silent. So something wired is happening in the mixer section.
I have a workaround too, using Image Line Minihost Modular as VST instrument within ACID and put Modelonia in, that works.
I still hope, Robert will answer, he knows the solution. It was exactly the same with Unique.
Btw - in the large skin, in the AP EQ the db Hs is labeld db Ls.
Hi. Sorry for the late repy, yes only the left challel
is recognised by ACID Pro. That's why I found that setting the outs at 3 in Modelonia you have a nice features in ACID Pro, 1 mixer channel mono with left out +1 mixer channel mono with right out + 1 mixer channel mono with left and tigh summed.
So 3 mono channels in the mixer.

The Ls has been fixed.

MarioStrack wrote:Hi Luigi (guess it's you),
Yes Mario, <wink>
I got response from Robert, he didn't remember exactly (it's been a while) but he gave some hints.

Give a closer look at the buffer pointers if there is some overlapping

and in the Konstruktor it should classically look like this

isSynth();
setNumInputs(2);// <- give a try at least ;)
setNumOutputs(2);
Good that he replied to you at least, I got no reply from him, ok I will try those variations. Thanks

Thanks for still sticking to it, everything will turn out fine ;-)
In any case, your workaround would be a good plan B! (mini host is a beta and a bit buggy)

Hi Mario,

Since we're almost ready with Sinnah 1.1 release now I will have more time for Modelonia.

Magix through Sony ticket has replied, asking first for a copy of the synth to try, I sent that and they replied that couldn't reproduce the issue, but actually the guy just watched the mixer meters and saw that both were running, when I explained him that both channels were filled with only the left ouput of Modelonia then I got no more replies, <sigh>.
Anyway I will do a release with some fix for the issue as I explained above.

Thanks for holding on.

Hi Luigi,
thanks for the news.
These support guys sometimes seem to be a bit superficial ;-)

Return to “NUSofting”