Sinnah 1.1 freeware synth released, update now! (FL Studio 64-bit issue)

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NUSofting released Sinnah 1.1 Freeware VA synth. Mac & Windows, 32-bit & 64-bit AU VST

Despite the small number, 1.1 is a big step up in Sinnah deveopment.

What's new in Sinnah 1.1?

- New feature: GUI has been improved, especially for Mac compatibility.
- New feature: Noise and Harmonics controls can be linked, and act like a single parameter.
- New feature: LFO with several selectable targets, 9 waveshapes and delay (fade in).
- New feature: MIDI controls: ModWheel and Aftertouch with several selectable targets.
- New feature: Sustain pedal sensitivity.
- New feature: Pitchbend range adjustable up to 48 semitones, -24 to +24.
- New feature: Keytracking assignable to Harmonics and ADSR envelope level.
- New feature: Reduced CPU load, DSP optimization.
- New feature: "Inits" category with various initialize presets.
- New feature: More detailed HTML manual.
- New feature: Unlimited custom colour schemes using theme files.
- New feature: 152 presets now included.
- Fixed the click that happened playing in Mono legato over a previously released note.
- Fixed ADSR repeat 2 and 3 that weren't working.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the box slider GUI controls.

old news:

NUSofting 04/17/2016

Sinnah 1.0 freeware synth released, update now! Many bug fixes
and new features, for Mac and Windows.

"We anticipated the release of Sinnah 1.0, which was planned for the next month,
because of two annoying bugs that are now fixed. Due to the anticipation
of this release there are only two new features in Sinnah 1.0 and few more presets."

Main changes:
- Fixed the hanging notes issue that was happening in many hosts
- Fixed the GUI could crash under intensive parameters automations
- Fixed oscillators phase reset on wave change
- Fixed short delay length when |memory| switch is turned on
- Fixed issue that was preventing the AU from notifying the host of all the parameters to be modulated.
- New feature: Harmonics control can now have full range, something like a LP filter.
- New feature: inputs to the delay matrix have now two levels each: half and full gain.

Download at http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Sinnah_VA_synth.html

See also : Planned features (updated to 1.0)
at http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Sinnah_ ... l#features

For great audio examples check the OSC thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=460547

29/03/2016 nusofting.com

"Sinnah will lay you on a velvet bed and then will scratch you with sharp sexy nails!"

NUSofting releases Sinnah, a new freeware VA synth plugin.

Sinnah it's available as AU and VST plugins, for Mac and PC,
supporting 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
100% freeware.

Sinnah is a VA synth, but instead of the standard
subctractive resonant filter it uses a resonant delay network.

- Sinnah is a synth based on a single complex oscillator that includes five
waveshapes with increasing spectral complexity, harmonics level for all
waveshapes, noise level, and a delay matrix.

- The delay matrix can have various configurations, from a "triple chorus" per
voice to highly randomized resonators, or tuned relatively to the note played.
The delay matrix can also do multiple slapback echoes.

- The feedback control of the matrix can go from zero to extremely saturated
and it's modulated by its own envelope.

- The output of each voice is stereo via the delay matrix, which features a
stereo spread knob.

- The main analogue modelled ADSR envelope is loopable: two, three or
continuous repeats.

- The envelope can modulate the waveshape selection and the harmonics level.

- The synth also features a subtractive stereo filter to carve the spectrum of
the sound, somehow like an equalizer, with three filters: high pass, low pass
and band reject (notch) . The band reject filter also features gain and
bandwidth controls.

- Moreover a useful simple reverb is included.

- The oscillator is antialiased and can play eight voices or mono, and
features octave and fine pitch controls.

- The GUI is fully drawn by vectors and resizeable, featuring an oscilloscope
and peak meters. And eight colour schemes are available to fit your mood and
taste.

- An extended ToolTip display provides information for each control at
mouseover. So you don't need to read a lengthy manual to learn what a knob or
a slider is for.

- The preset system is crossplatform, the files use the YAML format so they
are very easy to read and edit if needed. Moreover, the preset names can
support the complete international character set.

***** Planned features. *****

For this first freeware edition the pitchbend range is fixed at two octaves,
this will change and there are many already planned features for the next
release.

I will upgrade Sinnah following the requests submitted by users. So it means
that we start with a features list and you can vote for your favourites, and
even suggest features not listed yet.

The features with a rate of five or above will be implemented in the Sinnha
freeware, when we'll reach what I think it can be a critical threshold, Sinnah
will split in Sinnah freeware and Sinnha Pro.

Sinnah freeware will keep the features up to the "critical threshold" and will
stay free. All next new features would be implemented in Sinnah Pro which will
be payware.

To vote for a features you can simply write on the forum or send an e-mail.

Download here http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download_sinnah.php

For great audio examples check the OSC thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=460547

Great Synth, I really like the unique sound. Unfortunately the 1.1 update crashes FL Studio 12 :(

Same here with FL 12

edit: works in ableton and bitwig

-----

Yes, unfortunately Sinnah 1.1 is not compatible with FL studio 64-bit. Strange because Sinnah 1.0 worked
and Sinnah 1.1 still works in FL studio 32-bit.

So I must download and install FL studio 64-bit,
to find the issue. That will take some days but I will release a working update for that DAW.

BTW now I read by you fforet that using FL studio Patcher you got it working? So is that a viable workaround?

Thanks.

liqih wrote:Yes, unfortunately Sinnah 1.1 is not compatible with FL studio 64-bit. Strange because Sinnah 1.0 worked

That is not correct, because 32bitSinnah crashes in FL Studio 32bit whereas 64bitSinnah is working in FL 32bit and vice versa.
Seems like it only is stable when "bridged"
liqih wrote: BTW now I read by you fforet that using FL studio Patcher you got it working? So is that a viable workaround?

Thanks.
Yes, so far zero crashes

fforet wrote:
liqih wrote:Yes, unfortunately Sinnah 1.1 is not compatible with FL studio 64-bit. Strange because Sinnah 1.0 worked

That is not correct, because 32bitSinnah crashes in FL Studio 32bit whereas 64bitSinnah is working in FL 32bit and vice versa.
Seems like it only is stable when "bridged"
liqih wrote: BTW now I read by you fforet that using FL studio Patcher you got it working? So is that a viable workaround?

Thanks.
Yes, so far zero crashes
Great! Thanks fforet,

strangely on my PC Sinnah 32-bit on FL Studio 32-bit does not crash.
Anyway I must fix the FL Studio 64-bit crash first.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I tried to download the updated version but I got an error

[Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@nusofting.liqihsynth.com (mailto:webmaster@nusofting.liqihsynth.com) to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.]

I am sure someone will notice it eventually and no rush I just thought I would point it out in case no one has noticed it. I didn't see a place to report dead links on the site but it did say that this forum was the official bug thread so it was the best I could do.

Thank jsbarnes! Now I fixed the issue.

Also the "wrong file name" bug on download with Mac should be fixed now.

http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Sinnah_VA_synth.html
Always there, the archive is a zip.

BTW if anybody wanna share some cool presets I will included them in the factory banks.

Enjoy.

How do I install the Julian Ray presets on macOS 10.12.4 Sierra at http://julianraymusic.com/sound/sinnah/main.php His site says: unpack and move/copy all the presets to ".../Sinnah/Presets/User/" folder. ....that path does not exist on a mac. I've tried some work-arounds but nothing seems to work

funkystrings wrote:How do I install the Julian Ray presets on macOS 10.12.4 Sierra at http://julianraymusic.com/sound/sinnah/main.php His site says: unpack and move/copy all the presets to ".../Sinnah/Presets/User/" folder. ....that path does not exist on a mac. I've tried some work-arounds but nothing seems to work
Right, on the Sinnah toolbar click the [?] , in the menu you can see "explore users presets",
by that you can open the folder to copy your presets.

That's how I tried it ..."question mark" and then "explore user presets". It defaults to: Macintosh HD/Users/(user name...)/Library/Audio/Presets/Sinnah ...that folder is empty right now because I have yet to write my own ".vstpreset"/s. (which is what that folder is usually used for in Cubase 8.5). The presets in the Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder say "JRM.yaml" ...I tried putting them into that Sinnah folder anyway, two different ways, the entire folder, ...and then with just the presets. It didn't seem to work either way and at one point it crashed the DAW. Thanks for your speedy response!

the location of ".vstpreset" is not the same of YAML presets, the content of Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder should be dropped exactly where "explore users presets" opens. Strange if it doesn't work, then we have too look closer.

The steps should be like this:

- Click the "explore user presets" menu item.
- That opens a Finder window with the user presets folder.
- Now just copy the YAML files in there.

That path in which the question mark defaults to, seems to be for .vstpreset files only on macs. OK, this is how I resolved it and successfully installed the Julian Ray Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder download on a mac using this path: Finder Menu bar/Go/Computer/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (...Probably AU if you're on Logic or GargageBand)/...navigate and control click Sinnah.vst/...or AU?/Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources/Presets/ ....then I copied the Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder to the Presets folder/reloaded the Sinnah plugin and I was good to go. Should work for other DAWs as well. I would think. Cheers.

First up, sorry about the inconvenience with adding user preset packages to Sinnah. But some of the information in the previous post is not quite right, even though in the end it appears to result in a success.
funkystrings wrote:That path in which the question mark defaults to, seems to be for .vstpreset files only on macs.
That's actually not correct. I don't know where Cubase puts its presets files, but Sinnah doesn't know anything specific about Cubase, so when you use the Sinnah GUI to explore the presets folder, that really is Sinnah's own folder for its YAML format presets.
funkystrings wrote:OK, this is how I resolved it and successfully installed the Julian Ray Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder download on a mac using this path: Finder Menu bar/Go/Computer/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (...Probably AU if you're on Logic or GargageBand)/...navigate and control click Sinnah.vst/...or AU?/Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources/Presets/ ....then I copied the Sinergy_for_Sinnah folder to the Presets folder/reloaded the Sinnah plugin and I was good to go. Should work for other DAWs as well. I would think. Cheers.
That will work, but it happens to be a really bad thing to do, because you are modifying the installed Sinnah package, and all those files will likely be deleted when we release a new Sinnah version because user's aren't meant to modify the installed files. That's why we have a user-specific presets folder. Please, anyone with other DAWs (or even Cubase), don't do this!

Now I have a theory why it might have appeared to have not worked the first time. I don't know how it could crash, that might be a separate issue, but I think the initial problem is that Sinnah actually has no way of knowing that once you have opened that user presets folder that you have copied anything in to it. So, those presets will only appear the next time you instantiate Sinnah. Not just close and reopen the GUI, but rather it has to be a new instance of Sinnah. I admit that's a shortcoming of what we currently do. But we have this "dumb" approach because it can get a bit tricky if the file layout changes while Sinnah as running. This is surely something we can improve in the future.

Another problem we have spotted with user presets is that some other plugins have bad installers that change the system permissions of the macOS audio presets directory to prevent other plugins from creating their own plugin folders. We can't do much about those, apart from maybe considering installing all the plugin data into some non-standard folder that other plugins are less likely to touch.

By the way, if Sinnah crashes (or any other Mac versions of NUsofting plugins), please send us a copy of the crash log if it exists and you can find it (unfortunately some hosts (e.g. Live) write their own crash logs in a format we can't decipher). We can't diagnose crashes just be someone saying it crashed, but if there is a standard macOS crash log (often in ~/Library/Logs/Diagnostic/Reports) then that can be very helpful.

Return to “NUSofting”