Sinai synth problems in Logic Pro X latest version

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

validating Audio Unit Sinnah by NUSofting:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'sinh' - 'NUsi'
Manufacturer String: NUSofting
AudioUnit Name: Sinnah
Component Version: 0.9.8 (0x908)
Component's Bundle Version: 0.9.8

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 27.885 ms
WARM:
Error Domain=com.apple.CoreText.CTFontManagerErrorDomain Code=105 "The file has already been registered in the specified scope." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The file has already been registered in the specified scope., CTFontManagerErrorFontURLs=(
"file:///Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Sinnah.component/Contents/Resources/Fonts/Tahoma--.ttf"
), NSLocalizedFailureReason=Font registration was unsuccessful.}
Failed to register font Tahoma--
Time to open AudioUnit: 21.489 ms
FIRST TIME:
2016-04-07 21:53:55.576 auvaltool[1331:25142] 21:53:55.576 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.
Time for initialization: 2.649 ms

* * PASS
VERIFYING DEFAULT SCOPE FORMATS:
Input Scope Bus Configuration:
Default Bus Count:0

Output Scope Bus Configuration:
Default Bus Count:1
Bus Name: SNH
Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved

* * PASS
VERIFYING REQUIRED PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
VERIFYING RECOMMENDED PROPERTIES:
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Latency
PASS

* * PASS
VERIFYING OPTIONAL PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
VERIFYING SPECIAL PROPERTIES:

VERIFYING CUSTOM UI
Cocoa Views Available: 1
SymbiosisViewFactory5f4f25a805c
PASS

DEFAULT PRESET: 0, Name: default

HAS FACTORY PRESETS

VERIFYING CLASS INFO
PASS

TESTING HOST CALLBACKS
PASS

* * PASS
PUBLISHED PARAMETER INFO:

# # # 17 Global Scope Parameters:
WARNING: retrievedValue = 3.200000 (was 3.200000), Parameter did not retain default value when set
WARNING: retrievedValue = 3.300000 (was 3.300000), Parameter did not retain default value when set

* * PASS
FORMAT TESTS:

Reported Channel Capabilities (explicit):
[0, 2]

No Input, Output Chans:
0-1 0-2 0-4 0-5 0-6 0-7 0-8
X

* * PASS
RENDER TESTS:

Output Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
Render Test at 512 frames
Slicing Render Test at 64 frames
PASS

Render Test at 64 frames, sample rate: 22050 Hz
2016-04-07 21:54:19.220 auvaltool[1331:25142] 21:54:19.220 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.
Render Test at 137 frames, sample rate: 96000 Hz
Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 48000 Hz
Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 192000 Hz
Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 11025 Hz
Render Test at 512 frames, sample rate: 44100 Hz
PASS

Bad Max Frames - Render should fail
PASS

Checking parameter setting
Using AudioUnitSetParameter
Using AudioUnitScheduleParameter
PASS

Test MIDI
PASS

* * PASS
AU VALIDATION SUCCEEDED.

validation result: successfully validated

updating properties of AU Sinnah by NUSofting…done.

That's actually all normal. It passes AU validation, which is the main point. Since you don't actually explain what you think is a problem, I assume you are concerned about either or both of the "deprecated Carbon Component Manager" and "Failed to register font" messages.

The former is due to us still using a popular (amongst plugin developers) AU wrapper library called Symbiosis, which hasn't been updated for recent AU changes. I'd like to address this problem at some point by creating a new version of the library, or even a fork of it (since no one else seems to be tackling it), but I haven't yet had the time to do so. And, in any case, the point of using a wrapper library is to avoid having to delve into the innards of audio units and concentrate on getting interesting new plugins delivered to everyone. But it would be an interesting project to tackle. By the way, a while ago I did a web search for that message and it appears to affect plenty of well-known plugins, all of which work fine. I admit there is room for improvement, however. Like I said above, this is something I'd like to fix, but it hasn't yet been particularly urgent.

The font registration message is benign. It is simply due to us always registering the custom font when an instance of the plugin is opened, even if another instance of the plugin has already registered it in the same process. And we do this because I am not aware of a simple API to query whether the font has already been registered. I could just not log the error, I guess, but I'd rather know what the problem is if there is ever a real problem.

So, thanks for being diligent and letting us know, but since Sinnah passes AU validation and presumably still works in Login Pro X (and I've certainly confirmed it works in MainStage and GarageBand which are hopefully reasonable proxies for Logic) I think there is no immediate problem, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

By the way, did your spell check convert "Sinnah" to "Sinai"?

Return to “NUSofting”