Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog: released!

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some presets from me. Guitar and saxophone have modwheel plugged to the filter.
tatanka wrote:Hello Luigi,
You know the buziness for decades but maybe it would help to bring it to a bigger audience in here ? I have finished the kvr contest after about 3 tries for me cause that was enough experience and just not my thing in that way but I am sure you know B.J. Porter for a long time, so maybe that could be a way (dont know it if will be possible with a commercial synth anyway), just a thought.
KVR OSC is a good idea - it gains an attention about the developer and the product, gives users time to in depth learn the synth (and in the meantime time to love it in some cases), also in the end it yields a lot of feedback on the synth and some presets that can be donated by users to the dev. There were already several times KVR OSCs dedicated to beta plugins. I started to learn the sound synthesis and mixing by participating in some KVR OSCs. I totally enjoy that kind of minimalism. You, from the developer point of view, might like it too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep. I agree. OSC would be a damned cool idea and yes it also works with a commercial synth for the case that a special "free" edition is available for the duration of the contest. That should be possible I guess. In doubt it is maybe possible to give out a special license for all who wish to join this special OSC and this special license could contain a time of use limit or something like that. At the Synthmaster contest KV331 Audio gave out a special license for the Synthmaster Player for the contestants.

This helps a lot to make a software more known and most of all there will be plenty of feedback. As Tatanka already said it can also happen that they complain about bugs or things they don`t like but if I understood luigi right then he wishes to get the complete feedback: The praise and the critique and for that OSC would be just perfect :)

Apart from that the OSC contestants are all experianced user of synths and they are also experianced in programming and so they could give really helpful feedback.

Last but not least: It would be a great pleasure for me to explain them all how Modelonia works :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course this was a joke :wink:

So luigi: This is all just a question of a bit advertisement. You have created an amazing product but each product (no matter how cool it is) needs advertisement. Especially in a world with such an exzessive supply of vst`s :wink:

I hope you could remove the virus and most of all I hope that you have made regulary back up`s. That is what I have learnt from virus attacks in the past. I`m not scared of viruses at all anymore, because I can simply formatting my hard drive disk whenever I want with just a very small loss of data.

Cheers
Yvonne
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

@dwsel: I have tried your presets :tu: Coooooooool. They are all just great :) My favorites are FX Underwater (sounds like the growl of a Lion played around E2) and I love the Steel Guitar preset. It`s really amazing what is possible with Modelonia. If I can`t win it, I definitely will buy it :lol:

Good idea by the way to write down to the preset at which range of notes it sounds best. I should do this as well. Okay I guess I should make drums at the weekend because they will need it for sure for the next OSC 8) :lol:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Hi all,

many thanks for the love, the nice words and suggestions,
I'll be back about the suggestions, later with a longer reply.

Now I just share these tracks I made today and yesterday after I won over the virus.

Three very short tracks based on loops, just to try some different sound from Modelonia.
All instruments, except drums, made with Modelonia.

Acoustic Saudade (maybe what you expect)
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... audade.mp3

Chinese Dubstep (world and weird Modelonia farts)
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... ubstep.mp3

Chilly Fun Down Beat (Modelonia does synth)
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... n_Beat.mp3

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats luigi!!! You have won the Modelonia contest :lol:
1st place: Acoustic Saudade
2nd place: Chinese Dubstep (although I`m really not sure if I better chose this one for the 1st place because that`s really freakin`awesome)
3rd place: Chilly Fun Down Beat

:D

Great tracks :) I think they are all cool and so I`m glad that I don`t need to vote them seriously. Oh and good news that you have beaten the virus, congrats again :tu:

Well, my nightshift with Modelonia wasn`t very succesful. I tried drums, but all I can offer for the moment are 3 Kicks. But at least I have got a lot of wip presets but have to work them out more. Am I too stupid or is it really hard to create snare drums and hihat`s with Modelonia??? Hours later I finally found out how to make the noise more audible. But okay the half way to a snare and a hihat is done already :lol:

Apart from that I had the first time massive problems with crashes. I had approximately.....hm 20 crashes or so this night. Modelonia freezed as well as my DAW, but this also can have a lot of different reasons and the cause must not be necessarily Modelonia because my pc is new and maybe not all windows updates are finished yet or something like that.

I will try it today evening again and post a report for the case that it happens again.

Cheers
Yvonne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daodejing verse 37

Update concerning the crashes: Hm my new pc makes trouble. Don`t know what is wrong with it, I have to check this out now, but I just wished to give this update, because I suppose that the crashes last night had rather to do with my pc than with Modelonia. I will make a cleaning and hope that this will help already.
Cheers
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

I just can make slowly progress, because I`m in general busy at the moment and will be way more busier the next days and I still had crashes while trying to make patches, but tonight it were only 3 crashes. I made an important windows update today and since then it is at least better. Anyway here are 3 new ones.
Daodejing verse 37

Hello,

thanks for the presets,

please update to
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... ild_25.zip

hopefully it should be more stable.

tatanka wrote:Hello Luigi,

NO it is definitely NOT ..... sorry to hear from the virus :( , hope you can fight it without setting up evrything new. I had luck most times even when the pros in the forums say "evrything knew" but for me its just private not business, so really wish you all the best and try to stay as cool as possible and just take your time :hug:

Send you a lot of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Richard
Sorry Richard for the late reply to your kind words, I really appreciated them, yours and the others from Yvonne and dwsel too.

About OSC, actually I thought about that when I released the first Modelonia beta, but I think it's not ready yet,
even with the manual and the good presets coming. Even others like Synth Master entered the OSC when they had a more stable product, otherwise your risk too much criticism.
So maybe later, when all crashes will be cured and the GUI a little bigger too.
Mojo42 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats luigi!!! You have won the Modelonia contest :lol:
2nd place: Chinese Dubstep (although I`m really not sure if I better chose this one for the 1st place because that`s really freakin`awesome)

Great tracks :) I think they are all cool and so I`m glad that I don`t need to vote them seriously. Oh and good news that you have beaten the virus, congrats again :tu:

Well, my nightshift with Modelonia wasn`t very succesful. I tried drums, but all I can offer for the moment are 3 Kicks. But at least I have got a lot of wip presets but have to work them out more. Am I too stupid or is it really hard to create snare drums and hihat`s with Modelonia??? Hours later I finally found out how to make the noise more audible. But okay the half way to a snare and a hihat is done already :lol:
Hey Yvonne,

I never thought you'd like the Chinese Dubstep! Many thanks for the prize, <wink>
BTW snare drums with Modelonia? That would be VERY hard, Modelonia is much more limited
on drum percussions.

liqih wrote: About OSC, actually I thought about that when I released the first Modelonia beta, but I think it's not ready yet,
even with the manual and the good presets coming. Even others like Synth Master entered the OSC when they had a more stable product, otherwise your risk too much criticism.
So maybe later, when all crashes will be cured and the GUI a little bigger too.
Yeah this OSC guys can be really tough in this issue :lol:
Bigger GUI? I already find this very comfortable. The only thing which is disturbing me a bit, is that no fine adjustements are possible such as using the mouse wheel for turning the knobs in very, very little steps, you know??? That would be cool for the case that you wish to change anything at the GUI.
Mojo42 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats luigi!!! You have won the Modelonia contest :lol:

liqih wrote: Hey Yvonne,
I never thought you'd like the Chinese Dubstep!
Why not??? I`m a wild thing you know 8) :lol: I like crazy tracks a lot :love:
liqih wrote: Many thanks for the prize, <wink>
:)
liqih wrote: BTW snare drums with Modelonia? That would be VERY hard, Modelonia is much more limited
on drum percussions.
Aaaaaargh I already had this suspicion. Since 3 nights (!!!) I try to make snare and hihat and what is really driving me mad is that I simply can`t give up, because I`m always so close to it, you know? "Very hard" doesn`t mean "impossible" and so I´m not dead yet grrrrrrrrr :evil: :lol:

New version of Modelonia:
Thanks a lot, I downloaded it. But as said the cause for all this crashes can also be my pc. It still makes endless updates, configurations and I don`t know what. I wonder when this will have an end. I will keep on trying to produce presets but I have to slow down a bit because the next 3 days I won`t have much offtime, probably none offtime at all but next week I have got much off time and latest then I will post some news again :)

Oh one question: Is it better I remove the previous version of Modelonia before I install the new version or will the new simply overwrite the previous version?

Cheers
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

Hi Yvonne,

from the bottom: simply overwrite the DLL,
fine adjustements : doens't holding shift+mouse work for that?

Good luck with the snares, you're a hero!

so inspired by Yvonne percussions here some others by me
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... _Liqih.zip
almost snares, claps, kicks, and some kind of bass, enjoy! Make some grooves and share the loops if you like

Hi luigi,
thanks a lot for the drum patches. I will check them out as soon as possible. As said: I`m busy at the moment and there is almost no time left for anything. The next 2 days, mostlikely at least. Just as a warning that it can be that you have to wait a bit longer for feedback.

Modelonia new version: Worked all fine :) It is installed and it works.

Hero: LOL. Well I would rather call it being stubborn :lol:
Not very reasonable I guess, I should better use my rare offtime for making any patches which would be work out a lot easier.

Shift and mouse: Yep it works. Hey great :D :tu:

All the best,
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

PS: Have you written I shall make some grooves and loops??? :lol: Hey I`m so damned slow in producing anything which could be called a track..........pffffffffffffff, how many time have you got, I mean how many months you are willing to wait lol. Sorry but that is really true. I`m completely unable to put anything together quickly. But for the case that a wonder will happen, I will let you know :)
Daodejing verse 37

All dead here???

@luigi: I had a bit off time for to deal with Modelonia again, but unfortunately I had not much time. At least I could listen your drum presets and making a couple of new presets. Well the drum presets....haha, honesty? Almost as good as mine :lol:

Wow, seems to be really hard to make a snare. I guess I know why: It is because the sound of the noise always comes before the hit, but it should be other way round *grrrrrrr*. But I like your claps a lot, the kick and the shaker. I dealt with other sounds tonight because I guess this is more useful. I tried a tin whistle but I`m not sure if this sounds right. Tatanka could say I guess. Apart from that I made at least an LFO beat which actually sounds like percussion. That`s it so far from my side. I have to work again the next 2 days but after this I will have got a longer period off time and then I could make more presets.

Crashes: Damned, yes it still crashes but only one times this night but unfortunately right in the moment I wished to save a cool preset *aaaaargh*. I will try Modelonia on my laptop too, curious if it happens there too.

Cheers
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

Return to “NUSofting”