Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog: released!

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Modelonia 2.0 currently in beta will feature many new improvements, like extended MIDI mapping : CC Aftertouch and Velocity for any parameter. And right now I'm working on a cool random preset generator.

More later

Hi the random preset generator is not bad, I tried to make it a little smart, not totally random, otherwise most sounds would almost not play, it's fun to play with it if you're looking for eerie stuff.

Toaday I will update the EQ module, which is the resonator and tone control on the up right,
it's not good enough for me now so I will change a few things.

BTW here is a screenshot of the new AP EQ, it features also a curve display
more later...

Hello Luigi,

just a sponaneous thought dont know if it is possible in any way but would be really great to have the possibility to morph between two presets and using the new random preset generator just for kind of random value setting between these two presets.

So you could get really easy for example these "Hybrid" Presets but with the random use maybe getting useable (cause you only have something inbetween two useable presets) but strange and otherworldly instruments nobody could ever imagine too.

As I said, just a crazy idea out of the moment....

Hope you are well,

Kind regards,

Richard

Actually I tought something similar, not between two presets (right now too much work), but a small deviation from the selected one is easily possible, I think

O.k. Luigi,

think that would be great too, could choose an hybrid preset as starting point and then see whats happening with the random settings.

Really looking forward to this cause especially for someone like me who has nearly no knowledge in synth programming from the ground but a special "sound imagination" in the head this could help a lot to get close(r) to this imaginated sound :)

good I added the option to randomly deviate a selected number of parameters +- 23%,
let's see if you like it in the next beta release.

Meanwhile here is a screenshot of the MIDI map, now colour coded,
note that min and max can be reverted (need to update the label size)

BTW the new EQ (fixed resonator) sounds a lot better now, I automated the Size parameter and got a cool flanger like effect,
sound demo here ASAP

More small details are coming out, they needs changes or fixes. For instance some modules didn't updated correctly at SampleRate changes, moreover I want to improve the mallet emulations. Also waiting from Branis the graphics for the new skin.

And the manual! The old one was about five pages, the new one is more that 40 pages with lots of useful info to get the best from Modelonia and understand more deeply its parameters. Takes time to write and edit 44 pages.

Stay tuned.

today I'm for weird and "aggressive" tones, here some timbre mangling

http://liqihsynth.com/modelonia/Harmoni ... nia2.0.mp3

maybe you expect some other sounds from Modelonia 2.0, but I'm not worried if you don't like the the two sketches above, the synth can do other sweet sounds, but today I liked some dark soundscapes

Following what I wrote, yesterday night I tried to design new harps and marimbas sounds, I was amazed how good the came out, much better than in the old Modelonia.
But today I wanna review all the modulations targets as I noticed that some ranges in the modulation matrix are not effective enough.
Also I have more hints to write in the manual
that will help you do design your own sounds.

Later

Many more options for LFOs, now I added a display for the waveshape so that it's clear what envelope you get when the LFO is in single shot mode, I just have to decide which combinations are most useful, well I know it's not easy to get it without pictures and examples, more about that later. Now have a look at the new skin
added for 2.0, it's only the background bitmap so the displays are empty
Image full image:
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... review.png
My friend Branis made that. The standard light gray skin will be updated too of course.

Hello Luigi,

I have no knowledge in design at all but what comes to my mind at first look is that the lowest part (with "filters", "limiter" etc.) is much better readable und looks structured and very nice.

Maybe colouring some other important parts like that might help, but I dont really know....

Of course it will depend on the much less content in the lower part, but just want to mentione it cause it really was first impression looking on the picture.

To your question about what to explain in detail I will just have to pass :-))), I am just still a "preset depending" user although I feel theres so much nice things to explore behind "the wall", but just a matter of time (sigh...).

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

thanks for the feeback, much appreciated.

Lot of work done on the LFOs, added two envelope modes for each one, UP and DOWN, plus a mix mode
that blends the two waveshapes, in the menu below SYNC,
this generates interesting grooves when the two LFOs have different waveshape and different rates,

in the image below LFO1 is in "single shot" aka envelope mode
Imagethe envelope curve changes with the waveshape of course,
and the Rate knob controls the envelope duration.

Return to “NUSofting”