for those on Windows a new version of EVE 2 is ready,
please download EVE_2_4_Win_build.zip at login.dashsignature.com

- fixed compatibility with some PC systems
missing the MSVCR80.dll registration

- added [-] [+] buttons for quick presets scrolling,
the buttons are located on the "e" of eve logo,
just click there

Hi,

(Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see it addressed explicitly either in the docs or by using a search here.)

Quick question regarding the Demo (Mac): I know the standard listed restrictions, but is there also a restricted set of waveforms installed on the Eve2 demo?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the waves that are there. However, seeing filenames like "Melotron Strings A" makes me wonder if there's a "Melotron Strings B", etc., etc. that comes with the full version.

(And, yeah, I know you can buy extra wavesets. I'm just trying to work out what comes natively under the hood vs. what needs to be added later.)

TIA!!!

--m.

Hello,

currently the demo has all the samples of the full version, except the A0S expansion set which comes free with the full version,

no Melotron Strings B in the default full EVE sorry, <grin>

liqih wrote:currently the demo has all the samples of the full version, except the A0S expansion set which comes free with the full version,
Gotcha! Thanks Liqih!

Looks like I'll see if I can budget for an expansion pack or two. Nice that the A0S waves are now included.

I really like the included waves that I've played with so far. I guess I'm just being greedy for more. :hihi:

Oh, and one last question while I've got your attention. Does Eve2 support MIDI mode 4 in any capacity? I'm hoping to use it with a guitar MIDI controller (Yamaha G-10) and I don't want to have to open 6 different instances just to support individual pitch bend on each string. (SFX: cue my CPU screaming in the background)

Again, TIA! :D

--m.

_

m3ch wrote:
liqih wrote:currently the demo has all the samples of the full version, except the A0S expansion set which comes free with the full version,
Gotcha! Thanks Liqih!

Looks like I'll see if I can budget for an expansion pack or two. Nice that the A0S waves are now included.

I really like the included waves that I've played with so far. I guess I'm just being greedy for more. :hihi:

Oh, and one last question while I've got your attention. Does Eve2 support MIDI mode 4 in any capacity? I'm hoping to use it with a guitar MIDI controller (Yamaha G-10) and I don't want to have to open 6 different instances just to support individual pitch bend on each string. (SFX: cue my CPU screaming in the background)

Again, TIA! :D

--m.

_

with just two istances you can have 6 MIDI channels, but pitch bend so far is per istance, I'll put on the TO DO list
some more support for MIDI guitar, thanks

liqih wrote:with just two istances you can have 6 MIDI channels, but pitch bend so far is per istance, I'll put on the TO DO list
some more support for MIDI guitar, thanks
Dig! Thanks again, Liqih. You rock!!! :D

--m.

resuming

EVE 2 status:

EVE 2 is a mature product. We have Windows and UB Mac versions, plus a huge
library of SoundSets. (it loads both DASHsnd and wusikSND files)

-- There are apparently still issues with the preset menu in Ableton Live,
but you can use Live's own menu, or with the latest EVE 2 you can browse
the preset with the -/+ buttons on "eve" logo.

-- There were a few requests for a "Legacy" skin for EVE 2, like the one in EVE 1,
but EVE 2 is not skinnable.

-- Conflict using EVE 1, EVE 2 and EVE ONE (now Many One) in the same Host,
is that still an issue?

-- Extra features: microtuning and multi-out, not much demand for those,
there is actually a Windows version with multi-out already.

-- Another one was 6 channels mode for MIDI guitar controllers.

-- Manytone mapper has yet to be released for EVE users.

liqih wrote:resuming
Thanks again for all your hard work on this, Liqih, and thanks again for putting the MIDI Guitar tweek on the To Do list above! I can hardly wait to use EVE2 with a more expressive controller than a keyboard.

BTW, I did actually put my money where my mouth is last week. I picked up EVE2 as well as the Evalon soundbank (that should give me enough waves to stay busy a while). I only wish I'd paid more attention to what a wonderful synth this is back when it was first released. I've gotten so much great stuff done in the short time I've been using it.

I can hardly wait to see where I can take it, and where else it's going to take me. Thanks for putting out a great product.

--m.

Thanks for your kind words m3ch

Anyone else have problem with changing presets in fl studio? I get a zipper buzzing noise while browsing. I changed my setting and cant get it to stop giving me buffer underruns. Thanks.

Lee702 wrote:Anyone else have problem with changing presets in fl studio? I get a zipper buzzing noise while browsing. I changed my setting and cant get it to stop giving me buffer underruns. Thanks.
Thanks for the report, please note that depending on the size of the samples in the next presets, EVE needs some time to load them,
so changing presets is better done when the sequencer is not running,

is this the issue you report?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I just need to take my time browsing thru.

Just downloaded 2.4 and the new preset buttons solved my problems :D

liqih wrote:for those on Windows a new version of EVE 2 is ready,
please download EVE_2_4_Win_build.zip at login.dashsignature.com

- fixed compatibility with some PC systems
missing the MSVCR80.dll registration

- added [-] [+] buttons for quick presets scrolling,
the buttons are located on the "e" of eve logo,
hi, luigi !

any news on a new mac version of your wonderful synth ? the preset scrolling would really come handy. :-)

T.

is it possibal in the next update, that eve searches for missing samples like wusikstation does ?

also a preset system that the user can manage

many thanx

Return to “NUSofting”