EVE 2 comments, questions and status [obsolete thread] see wusik.com

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pw wrote:
jplanet wrote:Loving EVE 2!
- Is there a way to Save As and Rename Banks and Presets through the interface?
- Is there a way to import WAV's, or convert them to DASHsnd format?
about your second question, there is the manytone mapper (free if you own any manytone products, otherwise will be payware on its own soon, apparently) for doing wav to DASHSnd.

About your first question: the short answer is no, there is no direct way through the interface. If you want to just create fxp or fxb, you need to use your host's capabilties for this. If you want to create an EVE bnk file, this is how to do it (from the manual)-

"If you want to create your own presets in the internal '.bnk' format, first save them using the standard VST '.fxb' format. Then, load this bank in EVE 2 and save it as the 'User-Default' bank. Now, in the location of your 'EVE_2_FULL.dll there is also an EVE_2_FULL.bnk file. Rename this as you wish and move it to your 'EVE Banks' folder which is located in your 'EVE Data' folder. That's it!"
Thanks for your reply, I can get started on creating my own banks right away...

I'm a little surprised that there is not another way to import WAV's; I'll keep my eyes open for the Manytone mapper...(I don't own any Manytone products to entitle me to the freebie)...

I'm a little surprised that there is not another way to import WAV's; I'll keep my eyes open for the Manytone mapper...(I don't own any Manytone products to entitle me to the freebie)...
I think we can have it soon free for Dash users as well,

I will announce on this forum

liqih wrote:

Very exciting news! I have tons of ideas for sounds I can do for EVE with that...

liqih wrote:

And... what about a Mallory's EnigmaEngine for EVE2 version? ;)

I placed an order for the upgrade earlier today, including my EVE 1 ticket number as requested. Will this give me access to the OSX version, as that is the one which I'm after?

Looking forward to getting to know EVE again as I've missed it since I moved over to OSX.

andrew71 wrote:I placed an order for the upgrade earlier today, including my EVE 1 ticket number as requested. Will this give me access to the OSX version, as that is the one which I'm after?

Looking forward to getting to know EVE again as I've missed it since I moved over to OSX.

yes all OS X versions are included in the upgrade,

though some people told me that I'm too generous, <grin>

Ok I have Eve 2 up and running and have a couple of questions.

Note: this is all based on the fact that I have Eve & Eve One in just about all of my current projects and did not want to take a chance on any ver.2 incompatibilities.

The good news Eve 1.8 and Eve 2 run side by side in Energy XT.

It's nice that AOS is included with ver 2 but the bank crashes Eve 1.8. as I already had this soundset I was able to rename the banks AOS & AOS ver2 problem solved.
I have the same problem with the new DBU Select soundset crashing ver 1.8. Any chance(or what would be required)to make this soundset compatible with Ver 1.8?

It's great that Eve,Manystation,Wusikstation and all their variations can load and share samples,thank you for this.
Is it,will it be possible that they could all share the same data folder. Or probably a better solution have access to more that one data folder like ManyGuitar/Eve One.
I guess I'm just a little surprise that that feature didn't make it into Eve 2?

It's nice that AOS is included with ver 2 but the bank crashes Eve 1.8. as I already had this soundset I was able to rename the banks AOS & AOS ver2 problem solved.
I have the same problem with the new DBU Select soundset crashing ver 1.8. Any chance(or what would be required)to make this soundset compatible with Ver 1.8?

EVE 2 got more parameters than EVE 1.8 so of course you can't load v2 banks in EVE 1.8,

DBU Select bank was expressely made for v2,
you can load the DASHsnd in 1.8 but there's currently no presets available for DBU Select in 1.8,
It's great that Eve,Manystation,Wusikstation and all their variations can load and share samples,thank you for this.
Is it,will it be possible that they could all share the same data folder. Or probably a better solution have access to more that one data folder like ManyGuitar/Eve One.
I guess I'm just a little surprise that that feature didn't make it into Eve 2?
since we have several packages from Dash, Wusik and Manytone
what you ask would require that we should agree for a common
standard for data location and folder names, but ahrdly we'll se that,
or EVE 2 could scan all your drives searching for compatible samples, but saving and reloading presets would be risky (mssing files after some changes of the other programs)

so far I didn't see a better solution than having only EVE Data for EVE 2

liqih wrote: since we have several packages from Dash, Wusik and Manytone
or EVE 2 could scan all your drives searching for compatible samples, but saving and reloading presets would be risky (mssing files after some changes of the other programs)

Luigi,

Could EVE2 share the soundsets with ManyStation and Wusikstation and the presets in another directory? Say c:\Program files\DashSignature\EVE2 Banks.

Please... :)

mahtazz wrote:
liqih wrote: since we have several packages from Dash, Wusik and Manytone

Luigi,

Could EVE2 share the soundsets with ManyStation and Wusikstation and the presets in another directory? Say c:\Program files\DashSignature\EVE2 Banks.

Please... :)
the issue is looking for the soundsets that need to be found for the presets- so this wouldn't solve the issue, especially considering EVE is cross-platform, and therefore EVE presets (and by association, data location) need to be fairly consistent on PC and MAC.

Ok. I understand. :)

Now that I've been able to spend some time tweaking E2.

I find it to be a very different beast than 1.8. and as banks created specifically for ver 2 have issues loading in ver 1.8 is it,would it, be possible to keep the presets for the two versions in separate folders? Even if this means duplicating many of the banks also.

Thanks

MRT wrote:Now that I've been able to spend some time tweaking E2.

I find it to be a very different beast than 1.8. and as banks created specifically for ver 2 have issues loading in ver 1.8 is it,would it, be possible to keep the presets for the two versions in separate folders? Even if this means duplicating many of the banks also.

Thanks

you may just rename them, and avoid to load the wrong version

A0S_2.0.bnk
A0S_1.8.bnk

and so on

please say your words about microtuning and multi-out for EVE 2, how much you need those?

thanks

I like the concept of microtuning, but hardly ever use it. :oops:

I tend to go with multiple instances rather than multi-out which, AFAIK, ACID doesn't support. More sophisticated users might have different needs, though. :hihi:

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Return to “NUSofting”