2.3 NEW Features! Question on user patterns

Official support for: midimood.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, very excited to see this, and just now exploring a bit (Thanks for the User guide:))…

I've tried loading a few of my own MIDI files into the pattern player, with very few actually seeming to work, altho they do seem to load, based on the green bars moving… This is apparently to do with the length of the file, as the only ones that do work are quite short—and all the factory patterns I've opened are 1 bar long or less. So, is this correct? And can you give some guide to the file parameters that will work, a guide to creating your own, etc.?

TIA—back to play:)

David wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:11 pm Hello, very excited to see this, and just now exploring a bit (Thanks for the User guide:))…

I've tried loading a few of my own MIDI files into the pattern player, with very few actually seeming to work, altho they do seem to load, based on the green bars moving… This is apparently to do with the length of the file, as the only ones that do work are quite short—and all the factory patterns I've opened are 1 bar long or less. So, is this correct? And can you give some guide to the file parameters that will work, a guide to creating your own, etc.?

TIA—back to play:)
Hello,

The midi pattern file should be as follows:
- Tempo: 120 bpm
- Length: Any number of beats (e.g. 0.5 Bar, 1 Bar, 2 Bars, 4.5 Bars, etc.)
- Use channel 1 only

Acts as any external pattern notes (usually C3 is Arp Key 1, C#3 is Arp Key 2, etc.)

I use Ableton Live midi clips to build the pattern, then right click and run "Export MIDI Clip..."

If it is still doesn't work, please send your pattern files to: support@midimood.com

Thanks, will explore…and report if nec. :)

Return to “MIDIMood”