Using K with Scaler from Plugin Boutique

Official support for: midimood.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT (seems quite reliable that a hands-thrown-up, this is broken, help! post leads quickly to going back to the problem and seeing that it's suddenly making more sense:)

Here's what I've figured out so far using these two fantastic plugins together, as AU MIDI FX in Logic, with Scaler providing the input chords and K (EDIT=Kameleono) in Flow/Arpeggiator Mode, running patterns, as in the factory template for Logic, and in this screen grab (any Arp choice):

…they seem to work very well, and pretty much consistently, with S in front, followed by K.

When Scaler is set as in these screen grabs (all with Bind MIDI hi-lit), it auto-runs with no input, but can be adjusted with input from keys:

Top row, any song or progression selected:

Middle row with Chord Variations hi-lit:

When Scaler is set as in this screen grab (with Bind MIDI hi-lit), it runs only with key input:

Bottom row when Play is not clicked or is finished playing:

When Scaler is set as in this screen grab (with Bind MIDI hi-lit), it sometimes runs only with key input and sometimes auto-runs; switching between various settings can eventually clear the auto-running:

Middle row with Diatonic Chords and Voicings selected:

Middle, Diatonic Chords, no Voicings chosen, seems to also be reliably non-auto-running.

Loving K in every other way I've figured out how to use it, too; amazing, deep device for sure, and will be thrilled to see more tutorials ASAP:)

TIA!
Last edited by David on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is k?

perpetual3 wrote:What is k?
Kameleono; that's what this forum is about, no?

Thanks - I’m browsing on mobile through the Latest Posta link and it wasn’t obvious. My bad.

perpetual3 wrote:Thanks - I’m browsing on mobile through the Latest Posta link and it wasn’t obvious. My bad.
When someone writes an "explanation", and even one reader of it finds something not obvious, it's ALWAYS the writer's failure to have fully explained:). (All it would have taken was for me to have used the full name once, then it WOULD have been obvious.)

So, NOT your bad, MINE; sorry 'bout that!

Return to “MIDIMood”