# Future Feature Request for PluChain!

Official support for: midimood.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I was working for some time with the new PluChain Instrument and I have to say that it is such a time saving tool to use specially if you are not not a theory nerd. There are some points that I want to mention that could be probably added, which would make workflow even better:

1. add the option to change the loaded midi effect / vst instrument
2. add multiple midi effects like chained effects and its order
3. add resize support for huge screen (4k)

All in all this is a great product and I hope to see this could help for future plans.

Jasp
Last edited by z0ggn on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Jasp for your positive words.

Regarding your suggestions:
1. add the option to change the loaded midi effect / vst instrument
This one is very tricky because of the way automation works in VST.
It might be a good idea to add one more optional MIDI Effect without complicating the workflow too much.
So you'll have one for chord, one for arp and a synth.
3. add resize support for huge screen
Also tricky but I guess doable.

If somebody else has additional features requests, please do.

It might be a good idea to add one more optional MIDI Effect without complicating the workflow too much.
This would make a HUGE difference. For example in my workflow I need 1. Midi chord progression generation/bass/melody (for example Captain plugins) then I feed this into 2. some Arp/sequencer whatever (for example something like Chord Potion, SARP for Kontakt, sequencair from Full bucket etc.) and then the Virtual Instrument.

I have not tried this out cause in most daw I use I dont actually need it cause you can just but midi, vst, effects one after another without care about any routing (like waveform, Mulab) but for me it would make lot of sense to use it in Studio One which is the by far better daw but just lacks this one functionallity to put both on a track. But it only makes sense for me if it could map this whole workflow I have described.

tatanka wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm

This would make a HUGE difference. For example in my workflow I need 1. Midi chord progression generation/bass/melody (for example Captain plugins) then I feed this into 2. some Arp/sequencer whatever (for example something like Chord Potion, SARP for Kontakt, sequencair from Full bucket etc.) and then the Virtual Instrument.

I have not tried this out cause in most daw I use I dont actually need it cause you can just but midi, vst, effects one after another without care about any routing (like waveform, Mulab) but for me it would make lot of sense to use it in Studio One which is the by far better daw but just lacks this one functionallity to put both on a track. But it only makes sense for me if it could map this whole workflow I have described.
I got this request from a few users already.
It is the first thing I plan to add on next release.

:tu:

Will surely try out the demo in the next few days in Studio One (and I am sure I will find some more to request :oops: )

tatanka wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Will surely try out the demo in the next few days in Studio One (and I am sure I will find some more to request :oops: )
This was the 1st thing I noticed, today, when trying PluChain out and feel it's a must. Also String Studio VS-3.vst3 VSTsynth does not refresh, I do not see the GUI, again, after the first loading; this is one, maybe more as I experiment. Plus there does not seem to be any way of loading presets into Plugins which do not have internal preset access. :borg:

Paul Corello wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm
tatanka wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:13 pm

This was the 1st thing I noticed, today, when trying PluChain out and feel it's a must. Also String Studio VS-3.vst3 VSTsynth does not refresh, I do not see the GUI, again, after the first loading; this is one, maybe more as I experiment. Plus there does not seem to be any way of loading presets into Plugins which do not have internal preset access. :borg:

I checked Studio VS-3.vst & .vst3. It seems to work fine on my system.
What system do you use?
Please double check that you use Pluchain v1.0 (version 0.9 had problems regarding this)

Adding the ability to load presets from your daw is a great idea. I have to check how complex it is to add this feature.

midimood wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:49 pm I checked Studio VS-3.vst & .vst3. It seems to work fine on my system.
What system do you use?
Please double check that you use Pluchain v1.0 (version 0.9 had problems regarding this)

Adding the ability to load presets from your daw is a great idea. I have to check how complex it is to add this feature.
Thank you for quick response.
I was testing on an ASUS Zenbook Win10v18898rs190510-1634, only an Intel graphics card, but able to use MTM Reference, which is my testing point, anyway when I reload session this 'problem' is rectified. Plu does say 'Save and Reload to enable automation'. 8)

I love the idea of this plugin but is it me..
if I have Scaler & String studio in the plugin..& scaler is giving me chords
how do I get those chords to show up in the piano roll?
Because I am only getting notes in the piano roll.
btw I am in Ableton Live

thanks!

Update I figured it out..thanks !
fup4000

Return to “MIDIMood”