Are old PSF instruments coming back to a new site?

Official support for: premiersoundfactory.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, Ichiro!

I'm wondering if the instruments you had on your previous website are coming back soon?

They just disappeared one day for some reason. I was considering a purchase of Wurli and Clavi and then they all were just gone.

I'm glad to see a new website, though. Especially a reasonable price for Piano Premier G. I'm adding it to my wish-list.

I hope the rest of the instruments will be back to store one day.

If you're going to re-release them, I'd like to ask you to re-consider your previous price for Vintage Organ. 220$ for Kontakt library of one sampled instrument is overkill. I'm not aware of Japanese prices, but for Europe and even US it's definitely high. Same applies to your Electric Bass and Fender Rhodes libraries.

It'd be nice if you could offer prices closer to Western sample library market. Or offer significant holiday sales. The best sampled organ nowadays is Acousticsamples B-5 V2, it costs 99 euro, and it also has Leslie speaker emulation, chorus/vibrato and lots of tweaks under the hood. They also do sales 2-3 times a year.

I'd like to support your company, but for my part of the world the prices of a few of your products are seriously overkill. Please re-consider your pricing scheme if possible.

Thank you!

Hi Dullee,

We are sorry for the trouble. Our server got a cyber attack at 2017, and everything is gone. But I thought it's good chance to release better libraries with user friendly GUI and functions. Now we published Piano and Wind chime first. The next is Shakuhachi and basses until this summer. Our plan is everything will be re-released in 2018.

And thank you for your advice. I know the price of other libraries, and also they have interesting functions. But I believe the sound quality of Premier library is simply for professional. Actually I am a sound engineer for 20 years and everyday I deal with a lot of sample libraries my client use in their track. So I know it well.

Maybe only a few people knows in Western countries, but all my clients will find that Premier library is the special solution of mixing troubles. I have to say that sample library on the market, even if it's very popular, cause so many mixing and mastering trouble. Premier could be the easiest way to resolve it. You don't need any complex engineering works with it. Just playing, and that's it for post production.

So it's not very cheap, but it's affordable for some people who understands it deeply.

But don't worry, we will offer our all previous libraries with bargain price. We are really happy if many people will enjoy our libraries. Premier works is not for money. It's for music.

Thank you very much and I will do my best to re-release everything as soon as possible!

Regards,
Ichiro

Do you claim only Premier Sound Factory offers "professional sound" on the entire virtual instrument market in the whole world?

And all other tools are "unprofessional", "not for professional"? You cannot make good music with those? What are they, then? Toys?

That's a very controversial, entitled statement of yours, I'm afraid. Lots of developers, producers and musicians would argue about a validity of this statement and rightfully so. You can't just dismiss all the developer world like that. It's not fair. Lots of instruments other than Premier are being used in pro mixes and work just fine.

And I can't afford your instruments because I "don't understand it deeply", implying I'm not a professional too?

Faulty and offensive logic.

I think I said I wanted to purchase your Wurly and Clavi libraries, so it appears I understand and appreciate the quality, after all. If I didn't understand, I probably wouldn't know about your company at all, to begin with.

It's not about understanding or not understanding, it's about different economics of different countries. And the price you consider "good" or "affordable" in Japan, in my country is simply not realistic and adequate. Yes, in my country, whether you are rich or a poor, 220$ for Hammond organ samples is a bit cray-cray, you know.

Different income rates, different prices, different everything.

If you don't sell your products to everyone in this world and you don't appreciate every customer from any place, would it be rich, average or poor, professional, semi-pro or amateur, then please write in big red letters on your website: "I'm elitist producer and my products are only for elite, only for rich and top pros in the music business, in the richest of countries".

But if you say: "Premier works are not about money, it's about music", then not every producer or musician in this world must be rich or be a "Ichiro-approved professional" to be able to afford your sample library and make music with it.

Unfortunate to hear this from you, Ichiro. I expected better.

The last thing I want to see in a developer is elitism. You know, there are developers in this business who make quality products, don't charge a lot for it, appreciate all customers, regardless who they are, what they do and where they come from, and show all-around great attitude and provide great support to everyone.

To be honest, I don't see much of these qualities expressed here.

I guess, if I'm not welcome and appreciated, I should just leave.

Hi Dullee,

I must apologize, I feel it's in Premier forum, so I was too frank. Probably my choice of words could make misunderstanding. But I did not mean I negate other products and people.

And as you said, I found digital content price goes lower generally, and actually it goes earlier in Western country than Japan. So I revised all price tag. I have to pay a lot of money to programers for GUI and new functions, but I revised Piano is $52, and Wind chime is $15. Organ will be too. Premier is only for rich people? No!

I appreciate any customers. I'm open guy, I love people in different countries, different cultures. I respect them and I'm really happy if they enjoy our library. And I respect and appreciate your advice too. I hope you'll understand us finally.

Regards,
Ichiro

Hi Ichiro ,

When will the Shakuhachi be back online? And will you offer any kind of bundle pricing for the Shakuhachi and Koto together?

Hi axb312,

Thank you for your mail. Now we are re-programming Shakuhachi. It will take for a while. I'm afraid but I could not say when it will be completed yet. And we do not think bundle price right now. So please try Kaguya first. I think it's really good price for users.

Best regards,
Ichiro

Hi Ichiro!
A while ago I bought Shakuhachi library but unfortunately I lost the library due to hard disk failure, I emailed you for a copy but with no response!,hope you will send me a copy to my email..Also I am asking..the new programming of shakuhachi will be free for owner of Shaku..

Best,

Shakuman.

Hi shakuman,

Now it seems we have responded all mails. Probably we lost yours. I'm sorry but could you please send your information again?
The new Shakuhachi is going with new multiple function, like legato and vibrato control with GUI. It's very new and could not be free update, but we are trying to offer nice discount for users of previous version.

Thank you.

Best,
Ichiro

Return to “Premier Sound Factory”