freiraum 1.1.1 needs ilok software?!

Official support for: sonible.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
frei:raum

Hi Sonible Team,

do I really have to install Ilok software to use the new version of freiraum
although Ilok is only a licensing option for freiraum?
To be honest I don't want to install any Ilok software because I read from others that it can lead to severe computer problems and behaves "like a tick" in your system.
I bought it at version 1.0.3 as a plugin installed without any strange additional licensing system.
Would it be possible to provide an installer with which I have the real choice using Ilok or not?

Thanks for this innovative tool.

Regards,
tl.

Hi tl,

thank you for your message! As you mentioned correctly, you need to have the iLok License Manager installed on your system to run the latest version of frei:raum (1.1.1). (No iLok or iLok account needed, only the software) We need this piece of software to be able to provide optional iLok support for frei:raum. Besides, it helps us to check the integrity of the downloaded files.

I can reassure you, that we never experienced any issues with the iLok License Manager (at least not, when it's only used for the integrity check). But if you really don't want to install it, you could stay with the "old" version of frei:raum (1.0.3), because the main difference between v1.0.3 and v1.1.1 is optional iLok support... :wink:

Have fun with our plug-ins,

sonio

Return to “sonible”