Jack Audio on Windows is awesome -- ASIO is more usable now!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I always found sharing an ASIO driver amongst Windows audio applications a major source of frustration. I recently installed/configured the Jack Audio Connection Kit driver for Windows, and I am so glad I did. :) Using the port audio driver ensures that only one application (the Jack PortAudio driver) uses my actual ASIO driver; all other audio applications select the Jack PortAudio virtual driver as their ASIO driver. Now all of my audio applications not only share my ASIO driver harmoniously, they can all play through it simultaneously. I even have the CoolSoft virtual MIDI synth driver playing through Jack Audio via the VB-Audio ASIO Bridge driver. Once I made the switch to this setup, my ASIO frustrations went away. :tu:

For those who would like to check it out, there are some decent YouTube videos that describe the setup process: JACKROUTER setup guide for windows 7 64bit :borg:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hey, very interesting! A big thank you!

It's a New Year Gift you make us there with this video!!!

I'm going to install that on my machine! It is the feature that we all miss with our common ASIO drivers!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank you tonedef71! :tu:

This is good news indeed and will get much use on my system I am sure ;)

Happy New Year Everyone!
dsan

EDIT: @ Attilla - Thank you for making this a sticky! :tu:

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this written tutorial by Tuts+. It simplifies the installation process (at least for my feeble mind :hihi:).

http://music.tutsplus.com/articles/work ... udio-20601

Thanks again tonedef71 for making us aware how valuable Jack is to us :tu:
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Am sold. Trying this now!

Also, is it possible to use this virtual audio driver to map apps on the fly, perhaps with command line arguments?

So, for example, a command can be issued to mute/solo/adjust audio from one app, or even change the output device (s) that the app is outputting to?

Return to “Tips & Tricks”