Getting peaks randomly, even when not playing

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I trigger 4 toms and the snare.
From out of nowhere I can see (and hear) peaks randomly in the recorded audio file, even when I'm not playing.
If you have any suggestions, they're very welcome.

Can you tell me more about the setup? Are you using a microphone or a drum trigger? I don't see how "peaks" could appear in the apTrigga3 output if the input is silent - so maybe it isn't? Could it maybe be caused by CPU problems due to very low buffer settings? What is the "recorded audio file"? Is it the input or the output of apTrigga3 you are recording or a bounce of a project?

Pflugshaupt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 am Can you tell me more about the setup? Are you using a microphone or a drum trigger? I don't see how "peaks" could appear in the apTrigga3 output if the input is silent - so maybe it isn't? Could it maybe be caused by CPU problems due to very low buffer settings? What is the "recorded audio file"? Is it the input or the output of apTrigga3 you are recording or a bounce of a project?
I use triggers.
I can hear the snare making a sound, even if I'm standing on the other side of the room.
I use Logic Pro X with the standard buffer settings.
After the recordings I can edit the file, there I see the peaks at moments I don't hit thàt specific gear.
I record the input of apptrigga.

If you record the input of apTrigga3, then the problem happens before apTrigga3 receives the signal, so it probably cannot be solved inside apTrigga3. If you have your triggers directly connected to the sound card, then maybe that combination isn't working reliably. Triggers don't really output a regular audio signal, but luckily many sound cards can still process it, but maybe not all of them. Depending on the trigger the voltages might be off or there might be issues with DC offset. I'm not sure what advice to give you. If you have multiple triggers and/or sound cards, try different combinations. If it just happens on the snare, maybe just switch the trigger on the snare with one on a tom to see if that makes a difference.

Return to “apulSoft”