Use internal DVD player for ext input?

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recent user of Hosting AU (to run the Spacecraft plugin). I have SC set up on Ext In/Track D and have been able to route audio in and out of it perfectly. What I was trying to do today was to route the audio output from the DVD player in the Mac Mini as an input to that channel.

Is that possible?

thanks

Also - any place to send a donation? Hosting AU does exactly what I need and as a sw developer for the past 30+ years, I'd like to express my thanks to the developer.

I think SoundFlower will solve that. You can download it from here: https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases

Once you install it, you will be able to select SoundFlower (2ch) as an output device in System Preferences' Sound-->Output pane. Or under the speaker icon in menubar which will be handier.

Finally select same SoundFlower (2ch) as the input device in Hosting AU Track D, and you should be all set.
oldgearguy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 pm Also - any place to send a donation?
Thank you for liking Hosting AU! PayPal may be the way? For further information, please email me. You can find email link in every footer of ju-x.com website!

Your suggestion worked exactly how I needed. I don't have to use any channels of my interface for the DVD player now and the audio dumps right through Hosting AU right into Spacecraft -- perfect.

Glad to hear that :wink:

Return to “Ju-X”