No external input in Hosting AU?

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for this lightweight great AU host, better than downloading 4,9gb Xcode IDE and using AU Lab. However, I'm unable to connect my sound cards input as a sound source to the app. There's AU sample players and AU components, but none of those support routing sound card input to process the sound. Additionally, I'm unable to select which sound driver I want to connect - I have multiple, as there's the internal sound card, external one and virtual sound channels on my machine.

Is there something I don't understand?

Okay got it now, hah. Sorry. I'm blind and tired. Will explore more. This seems like awesome app. I hope you'll keep it functional to the future!

I still can't get it to show free Voxtengo AU effects though. Only the Apple provided ones are showing.

You can download AU Lab without xcode here...
https://images.apple.com/au/itunes/mast ... au_lab.zip

There should be no issues with Voxengo plugins and Hosting AU 1.5.0 ala ...
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.45.15 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AlQuzMar wrote:I still can't get it to show free Voxtengo AU effects though. Only the Apple provided ones are showing.
I have SPAN Plus here, and it runs ok. (Hi papwalker, thank you for the screenshot with more variety of them!)

So now, all to check should be if the plugins are installed properly in either location of:

1. /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
2. /Users/yourusername/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Usually it should be found in the location 1.

Thank you for your interest! New upgrade is still under planning 8)

I'm using a bunch of Voxengo plugins (like the Tube Amp and Tempo Delay) and never had any issues with it. Didn't have to do any specific to see them in Hosting AU
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

junojux wrote:
AlQuzMar wrote:I still can't get it to show free Voxtengo AU effects though. Only the Apple provided ones are showing.
I have SPAN Plus here, and it runs ok. (Hi papwalker, thank you for the screenshot with more variety of them!)
Yeah, I realized I forgot Span immediately after posting, but yes it works as well :)

So which plugins do not show up?
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

hanzojux wrote:I'm using a bunch of Voxengo plugins (like the Tube Amp and Tempo Delay) and never had any issues with it. Didn't have to do any specific to see them in Hosting AU
Occasionally you need to restart the Mac for applications to see new plugins.

Return to “Ju-X”