Hosting AU external output

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
really love Hosting AU, but can't find the way to use external output (KOMPLETE audio 6) instead of internal.

regards

UPD:
Found it! Awesome app ^_^

Thank you for choosing Hosting AU :) You can make changes for output device in the last slot of master track. By clicking the left side button, you can select an output device. Also by clicking the name of the device, you can select a stereo pair of channels. And the right side button mutes the output temporary. (And it's pretty much same for input too in the first slot of track 4.)

Please let me know if this solves the issue!

Interesting. Is it possible to have 4 different ins and outs? Basically, I want to use my iMac like an effects unit for my main Pro Tools rig. So Track 1 would use i/o 1/2 on my interface, track 2 would use 3/4, track 3 use 5/6 and track 4 use 7/8. I wouldn't use the mixer really.

Is that possible?

Thank you!!

Matt

mattwa1sh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 pm Is it possible to have 4 different ins and outs?
Unfortunately it's not possible... since Hosting AU is designed strictly for stereo channel use. That's a drawback for its simplicity.

Although, thinking a large update of Hosting AU, and basically I think it's a good addition.

I want to join this multi-output request. I am more of the "Serious music listeners" type of user, and I would have a nice (I believe) use case for multiple outputs: use Ju-X as my electronic cross-over, so I can go the bi-amp route.

Check the attachment, where I doodled how I imagine it. The idea would be to:

1. Apply a couple of parametric EQs (as I do currently) to my media player routed to Soundflower.
2. Apply a low-pass filter to the (now first) output, which goes to the (now first) DAC, then the (now first) amp, and finally, the bass driver of my speakers.
3. Appy a high-pass filter a new second output, and repeat the setup with a new DAC, amp, and finally the midrange-tweeter section of my speakers.

Another option would be to be able to open 2 Ju-X setups at once, as long as both can be fed from the same Soundflower instance. But in this case, would I need to apply the EQ twice?

What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DonJulien wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:43 am I want to join this multi-output request. I am more of the "Serious music listeners" type of user, and I would have a nice (I believe) use case for multiple outputs: use Ju-X as my electronic cross-over, so I can go the bi-amp route.
It should be nice! I think Apple's AUNetSend-AUNetReceive plugins may realize it?

Just googling any great instruction for AUNetSend... now I find this page: (Hosting AU is on there! So should be fast to get what to do.) https://aud-ios.com/2018/02/10/free-mac ... d-receive/

In here today in some reason, I couldn't make that work. But I believe you'll make it by instantiating 2 Hosting AU-s + 1 AUNetSend and 1 AUNetReceive, or even more of them.

Just a note to say, this would be really useful for me too.

I downloaded Hosting AU because I needed the simplest possible host for the MOscilloscope plugin, so I could visualise audio from an external source. Now I see that I can use it for all kinds of FX plugins, so my laptop can cheaply become a reverb/whatever for my mostly non-computer rig.

But I have multiple audio interfaces - it would be wonderful if Hosting AU could route four separate inputs each through their own set of plugins, and back out through four separate outputs.

Already a great tool - thanks!

Hey, good news -- I just realised I can open multiple instances of HAU with "open -n" in an OSX terminal.
Each instance can use a different external in and out, so I have what I need.

Thanks again!

Hi ukslim,

Yes, the terminal command works so quickly :) Also you can make as many copies of Hosting AU app for your need and rename them. So that when you switch to a copy of Hosting AU, it will be a bit easier to tell which copy it is. Or you can put them into your Dock to launch/switch them.

Return to “Ju-X”