Pitch Bend

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For whatever reason, Pitch Bend is not being passed to Instruments. I've tried it on several of them, and no dice. Is there something I am missing?

teilo wrote:For whatever reason, Pitch Bend is not being passed to Instruments. I've tried it on several of them, and no dice. Is there something I am missing?
Is it about Hosting AU, correct? It passes pitch bend data straightly as it is, so should make sure every connection is done right. If possible, could you specify what are you trying to pitch bend with what?

Yes, sorry. This is with Hosting AU.

I am trying to pass pitchbend from an Akai MPK225. Is is a very simply setup. Just one instrument (Serum or ZebraHZ) and one effect (Guitar Rig). Modwheel, velocity and aftertouch work just fine, but the pitchbend control is unresponsive. In Ableton 9 it is working fine with the same simple setup, same patches, etc. I haven’t tried to use a midi monitor to see what’s going on with H-AU. I’ll try that next.

I created a simple Reaktor ensemble to display note and pitchwheel values and loaded it into H-AU. Using Touchable as a controller, I can see the pitch bend info just fine in H-AU and my Instruments also work. (Touchable is an Ableton controller for iPad, but it shows up as a standard MIDI device on the Mac and can be used on other hosts.)

My Akai MPK225 is at work, so I'll test this there tomorrow.

Thank you for your replies, right then I tested with Hosting AU + Serum and recreated similar setup for pitch bending, and it works without an issue. If MIDI notes are playing the synth ok, MIDI connection should be fine for pitch bending too!

I've just tested Hosting AU, using Synth-1 and an Arturia Keystep, and pitch bend data is passed to the instrument plug-in just fine as well. Let us know when you have a chance to test again.
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

Problem solved.

For some bizarre reason, the pitchbend wheel on the Akai had been assigned to Channel 2. It never occurred to me that the pitchbend wheel could possibly be on a different channel than the keyboard. I guess it's an option in case you want to assign the pads to a different channel and bend those.

Sorry for the false alarm.

No problem, and thanks for the update! Don't know either why one would want to change the midi channel for the pitch bend, but I guess having options like this is always good!
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

Return to “Ju-X”