Audio and video demos

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is intended to collect tracks and videos made with Ju-X software. Feel free to post anything you have made here to let us know about it.

Frosting

A simple, but very interesting track made with 4 instances of Frosting all playing the same sample, arranged using the built-in sequencer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wUAuZJSfMM

The official demo tracks playlist
https://soundcloud.com/junojux/sets/fro ... emo-tracks

Hosting AU

Official demo tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N03UUiqz6VQ

Gimmick
Official Gimmick tracks playlist

https://soundcloud.com/junojux/sets/gimmick-demo-tracks
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

Hi, here's another demo track I've made , trying to use Frosting in a lot of different ways.
https://soundcloud.com/tlnks/frosting-demo-dnb

Congratulations on the new forum by the way :party:
Looking forward to more great plugins by Ju-X! :phones:

Cool! This is certainly one of the most polished Frosting demo tracks so far! It's interesting because the effect is not used in an obvious way here, it's more subtle, but you can definitely hear that it's there. Can I ask you how you used it exactly?
ju-x.com

Sure, I'll explain some of the things I've done here:

- The reversed and looped synth pad sounds right at the start are made by using Frosting in reverse mode on the synth you can hear hitting every bar, with some eq and reverb added. Other pad swells were created in the same manner, using different modes of Frosting.

- Background sounds (which you can hear for example in the intro and breakdown) are grouped together in a bus, Frosting on manual mode, with automation between very fast repeat values, using the gate, and additional filtering and a short reverb. The resulting sound was sent to another bus (with dry/wet control), where there is another instance of Frosting, with manual mode being modulated by a fast LFO, which was modulated by another LFO to give it a more organic feel, with a longer reverb placed at the end of the chain.... Phew! :lol:

- On the rhythmic arpeggio in the intro, there is an unsynced instance of Frosting being automated all over the place, and the result runs into a 1/8th delay effect.

- Different synth sounds are sent to a bus with Frosting on it with high sync times (automated), with a fast LFO linked to the freeze button, to blend into the main sounds to give it a shimmer-like effect.

- The snare bus is sent to a bus with Frosting on it to create some fills, switching between reverse and mix modes. Also makes use of the gate function. I guess this is one of the more standard ways to use it :)

- On the synth bass arpeggio, Frosting is used for some of the repeats of the main melody, not much additional sequencing beyond the basic arp pattern. Also used to create the feedback-like sound on it leading into the 2nd part, with additional hipass filter and some distortion. Surprisingly most of the feedback-ish distortion you can hear comes from the short repeat times within Frosting.

- On the 2 buss (entire track) there is an instance of Frosting in mix mode, set for fast repeats(16ths) doing a fill in the intro.

This is what I can remember from the top off my head, but I've probably used it in other ways too... Frosting might look simple, but there are a lot of things you can do with it. When you experiment with it you will keep finding new ways to use it.....

Thanks a lot for the detailed write-up! There's really a lot of Frosting in there! It's interesting that until you know that it's there, you don't really notice. Which in my opinion is a good thing and also shows that you develop some mastery in using it!
Anyway, great job, and thanks for sharing this!
ju-x.com

tlnks wrote:Sure, I'll explain some of the things I've done here:
I read it with high interest. Thank you for sharing this! Adding LFO is an idea. Do you use any physical controller with Frosting?

No problem, I was just wondering what to do with a sketch that was floating around on my hard drive, and then I thought, why not try and see how I can improve it with a little Frosting workout :)
It is indeed nice to have something that can do subtle effects, and at the same time is also able to completely mess up the sound.
junojux wrote:
Do you use any physical controller with Frosting?
Yeah, usually I have a my Korg Tactile hooked up here, so mostly using that one, and sometimes I also use my old X-session. I think I actually used both while working on this track.

tlnks wrote:No problem, I was just wondering what to do with a sketch that was floating around on my hard drive, and then I thought, why not try and see how I can improve it with a little Frosting workout :)
It is indeed nice to have something that can do subtle effects, and at the same time is also able to completely mess up the sound.

Yeah, usually I have a my Korg Tactile hooked up here, so mostly using that one, and sometimes I also use my old X-session. I think I actually used both while working on this track.
Awesome :) Like the X-session, having crossfader is interesting in fact.

Return to “Ju-X”