Mixbus vs Ardour

Official support for: harrisonconsoles.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a "poor" musician I have finally found THE alternative to ProTools, and I am happy with it. It is Ardour...
Of course I am curious and always in danger of GAS, but what are the advatages and core differences, beside the Harrison plug-ins, between an actual Mixbus and Ardour?
Is it worth the extra cash, and which is more on the technological edge. Do I see new developements first in Ardour or first in Mixbus...

As a general rule, Ardour and Mixbus "leapfrog" each other: a new Mixbus release will have more features than the last Ardour release; and vice versa.

Of course the Mixbus version always has the Harrison channelstrip and bussing, which Ardour does not have.

sorry to revive this old thread but I wanted to give my opinion in case someone else is in the same situation.

I use ardour just for recording and Mixbus for production.

I have a cheap, old, simple and limited computer connected to my recording interface and I don't need any extra processing, just a fast SSD and a good Firewire/USB device.

Then I export / copy resulting tracks to my mixing computer, this one is more powerful and I can add all plugins or tools I need.

Return to “Harrison Mixbus”