New user, and big fan

Official support for: harrisonconsoles.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I've been using another big name DAW for all my tracking (live instruments mostly), producing, editing, mixing, etc. The largest hole in my VST toolbox was a nice channel strip for mixing purposes. I had my eye on a number of options, then the Mixbus halloween sale came along and I bit on the 32c.

Since then, I'm so much happier with my workflow. It really helps to keep me focused during the production process to remember that my task is to capture and create the best quality tracks. Once I'm happy with the tracks I export them from my "main DAW" and import in Mixbus. Then I've got Mixbus doing what it does best, handing me fantastic quality mixing tools on a silver platter.

The process is usually iterative, which I was worried about at first. I'm not going to lie, bouncing between DAWs takes time. But my main DAW project session is usually a mess of ideas and experiments, and I love the idea of "promoting" into the Mixbus session. When an artist or collaborator wants a "rough mix", I've always got a quality Mixbus session to bounce quickly regardless of whatever experiments a bottle of scotch and I were playing with the night before.

Anyhow, I'm loving it and wanted to share my experience so far!

Awesome! Thanks for taking time to write your experiences!

-Ben at Harrison

Mixbus is the absolute core of our production. We use it for premixes and submixes and the sound keeps getting better. There are a few quirks, and these take some getting used to, but the recent update brought a few features that really smoothed the edges. Thanks for a great alternative to the mainstream DAWs.

Return to “Harrison Mixbus”