Harrison Mixbus 4

Official support for: harrisonconsoles.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is excellent! Someone had to say something.

Did you have to thin out your plugin folder to get it stable or are those problems a thing of the past. It looks interesting.

clintmartin wrote:Is excellent! Someone had to say something.

Mine seem to work fine. They fixed EZKeys...Yay!
My IK, Fab Filter, TDR, Valhalla, Klanghelm, all work great.
Anything you have in mind you want me to test? I may have it, I may not.

Izotope Neutron, Waves and any UAD-2 plugins that you could through grist mill would be helpful.

clintmartin wrote:Mine seem to work fine. They fixed EZKeys...Yay!
My IK, Fab Filter, TDR, Valhalla, Klanghelm, all work great.
Anything you have in mind you want me to test? I may have it, I may not.

I don't have any waves. I have heard UAD still has issues. I can try Izotope Nectar 2.

Nectar 2 works fine.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

KVR users are ( understandably ) heavy plugin users. So we've spent a lot of time improving the plugin support.

There's also some recent promising news from Steinberg, regarding the licensing of VST3, that will allow us to elegantly support VST3 plugins in Mixbus. Since Mixbus has a large GPL'd open-source component (the ardour platform), we have to publish our plugin-loading code. Steinberg has licensed their VST3 code in a form that we we can now include it in Ardour/Mixbus. So that's great news!

However we still spend most of our time thinking about the internal sound engine, and how to make the DAW itself work better. Tempo Mapping is one of my favorite new features in v4.

Most DAWs have some form of tempo mapping, but our implementation allows you to grab the session's timeline itself, and drag it to match your performance.  You can easily introduce tempo "ramps" between sections.   And by dragging the first meter marker, you can set the musical start time of the song wherever you like;   you no longer have to have the "intro" counted as part of your measures.

Check it out, and tell me what you think!

Tempo Mapping in Mixbus v4

-Ben at Harrison

Hey Ben. I know you probably won't do it, but can you share any details of the improvements you plan for 32C? Sounds like some changes have been made to the EQ. I've been so happy with Mixbus 3 (and now 4) I've been a bit reluctant to upgrade.
Will be getting details on the new 32C soon?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Not sure if this is the perfect place to post this, but I landed on this thread because I was having trouble getting my iZotope plugins to work with Mixbus 4. After lots of searching, I found two types of posts on the subject: 1) My iZotope plugins work fine! and 2) I can't believe Mixbus doesn't work with iZotope plugins! But no actual solutions. So I was pretty excited yesterday when I got it to all work together, and this was it:

OK everyone. I talked to Nik at Harrison, and he/we solved it. You have to open the Pin button, and drag (or draw) lines for two (!) connections on the input side, from Mixbus to the first two (of the four) Neutron Inputs. On the output side, the default pin from the first (of two) audio outputs from Neutron back to Mixbus should work for a mono input channel. Whew!

Here's the screenshot I received from Harrison Support (kudos to them) as described above:
https://snag.gy/657pyh.jpg (https://snag.gy/657pyh.jpg)

I spent considerable time moving a single pin configuration for ins and outs in every possible permutation -- starting and stopping the transport each time. It didn't dawn on me that you would need (or could have) two lines simultaneously. Seems so simple now.

You get rewarded with nice sounding board :)

radiogavin wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:46 am OK everyone. I talked to Nik at Harrison, and he/we solved it. You have to open the Pin button, and drag (or draw) lines for two (!) connections on the input side, from Mixbus to the first two (of the four) Neutron Inputs. On the output side, the default pin from the first (of two) audio outputs from Neutron back to Mixbus should work for a mono input channel. Whew!
I spent considerable time moving a single pin configuration for ins and outs in every possible permutation -- starting and stopping the transport each time. It didn't dawn on me that you would need (or could have) two lines simultaneously. Seems so simple now.
Thanks for explaining this. Yes it is simple but not so obvious.

Return to “Harrison Mixbus”