How do I get Nora to work in Reason 10?

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed there are no tutorials for this anywhere on the net, does anyone know how?

Thanks

You don't, since Reason won't accept MIDI from VST plugins.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

This can be done with a little extra work.

First you need MIDI loopback. I'm using LoopMidi.

Second you need a VST host like Bidule, or DDMF Metaplugin, or Image-Line Minihost modular (free but buggy in reason).

Third you need a VST that can output to external MIDI devices like Reaktor, or in Bidule there are built in MIDI device out bidules.

Fourth set up one of the midi loopback ports as a controller in Reason and then lock the synth you want to control to that midi loopback port.

Next, host your MIDI producing VST in Bidule, route the MIDI in to the VST inside Bidule, then route the midi out to a MIDI device out that matches your loopback midi port. Then you should be controlling the Reason synth with the MIDI out VST.

I can make a more in depth tutorial if you're interested. I made a tutorial for multitimbral VSTs on Reasontalk, but it wasn't well received so I'm not going to take the time unless you ask me to. https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7505340

That's a pretty cool tutorial you did there. Thanks. Goes to show you that with a little bit of thought, there are always workarounds for thing that might seem impossible.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Squaredheads”