Missing notes

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey I find this plugin very interesting, more as pattern / step sequencer than as arp. But the demo always is missing some notes in recent Sonar Platinum. Is that a demo limitation?

Also it sometimes doesn't start playing at all, not sure why.

For Sonar users like me it's a very interesting plugin cause Sonar's midi editor / step sequencer is (for me) close to unusable, causing dropouts when you edit while playback. Same story in Reaper.

Other step sequencer plugins don't cause this droupout, but those aren't as good as Nora.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with Nora 2.56 (purchased full license), Reaper under Windows 10 64bit. This is making Nora totally unusable for me :-(

To replicate just move the mouse around in the Reaper virtual keyboard and eventually Nora will no longer play arpeggiated notes for some reason.

I've just found that if I have Reaper in "play" mode the notes are not missed but it does something strange, like a sudden Blip on changing chords... strange...

hollyWorse wrote:Hey I find this plugin very interesting, more as pattern / step sequencer than as arp. But the demo always is missing some notes in recent Sonar Platinum. Is that a demo limitation?
Hi, there isn't such demo limitation. If you are using Nora with, let say, 2 lanes and 3 octaves, you need to use an incoming chord of 2 notes. Nora needs to get fed by the same amount of notes that the number of lanes (not octaves).
hollyWorse wrote:Also it sometimes doesn't start playing at all, not sure why.
It may happens when you have your clock with the wrong configuration. Nora supports two types of clocs, host sync and chord sync. When it's in host sync, Nora will start playing as soon your host do it, when is chord sync (or internal sync) it will only play when incoming notes apperars.

Note that Nora is quite sensitive to the input chord timming, if their starts or time stamp isn't the same, they won't play properly.
hollyWorse wrote:For Sonar users like me it's a very interesting plugin cause Sonar's midi editor / step sequencer is (for me) close to unusable, causing dropouts when you edit while playback. Same story in Reaper.

Other step sequencer plugins don't cause this droupout, but those aren't as good as Nora.
It doesn't happen here, could you please post your Reaper version, drivers & latency used, and computer specs (I assume it's Windows since you are using Sonar).
DavidBluecame wrote:To replicate just move the mouse around in the Reaper virtual keyboard and eventually Nora will no longer play arpeggiated notes for some reason.
Reaper version?

Return to “Squaredheads”