DRAG & DROP

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those of us w/out midi out in plugins it would be nicer it's nissen's to have a drag and drop button to take Nora data to a new track such as in Logic X.

Thanks

While it's possible, remember Nora notes aren't MIDI notes, Nora are relative notes to the incoming MIDI, they 'dance' with the input, that's why they need to be recorder with your host or the built-in utility to be exported.

Yes, I understand and although it is not absolutely necessary it would speed things up. I just thought I would give it a shot. You never know until you ask. The save utility is the reason I bought Nora as I use Logic Pro X. One can't talk to Apple to get midi out from plugins which is really the answer.

Thanks for the reply though
Nora is remarkable as a step sequencer +

J.S.

poemeater wrote:Nora is remarkable as a step sequencer +
I'm quite surprised how many people are using Nora as a step sequencer, so I'll do something :tu:

Also I use it to control a plug-in via velocity key switching but would love to control these plugins via key switching itself in Nora. In Sundog, which is mono, one is able to make a separate instrument for octave C0 thru b0 and assign it to the channel the plugin is on so it will trigger the key switches for that plug. I wonder if Nora could do this, as velocity switching expression is limited to loud and louder.
Thanks again for listening

Hi, it has been requested a couple of times here in the forum. At the current version, you cannot switch them in Nora, unless you do workarounds, all of them have their pros and drawbacks:

1. Write them in the host piano roll (using channel 2 for such events), then setup the track 1 in nora with input channel 1 and output channel 1, and a track 2 with input channel 2 and output channel 1 and turn off the arpeggiator in this track. You use 2 tracks in Nora, you can apply individual switches to any pattern in track 1 (the same pattern with different switches), but you need to go back to your host piano roll to edit them.

2. Same than 1, but placing in the host piano roll an infinite chord with all keys in the channel 2, then triggering them using Nora track 2. You gain the advantage of keep everything inside Nora, however it may be a bit annoying keep extending the chord in the host while the track is playing - it depends on the host.

3. You can do all of that with just one pattern, sacrifing some notes instead tracks. Let's say your plugin uses 4 switches, and you want 3-note chords notes. Then you need to create a 7 note patterns with any number of octaves, and make you sure you're filling all your host piano roll with a 4 note chord (one for each switch), so you can select them in the Nora pattern, see the attached picture. Yellow notes act as switches, while white notes is your arpeggiator pattern:

I understand those workarounds aren't the ideal, but I'm aware of it and I will do the best I can as soon as I can :)

Return to “Squaredheads”