Nora 2.5 Info

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nora_2_50_x64.exe 12,509 KB 3/10/2015
Nora.dll 8,329 KB 2/7/2015

Edit: I re-ran the installer and now it's 2.5 version with 3/10/2015 file date, 8356 KB

Back in business; thanks for your help.

You're welcome :)

Is there a way to mark a patch as favorite or give it a rating? I guess renaming it would be good enough.

Do you mean a browser preset? There isn't any way at the moment, but I could implement browser file renaming.

Yes, I was thinking of a way to mark a browser preset as a favorite or else rename the preset to something more meaningful for the user.
If you're familiar with Omnisphere, you can rate a patch with one or more stars. Other system(s) allow to tag a preset as a favorite.
I'm still just scratching the surface with Nora, but I imagine there's already a way to save a preset to a user location with another name?
I don't know if you could enable sorting the preset browser so all the five star presets go to the top, followed by presets with lower ratings.
Maybe more work than it would be worth...

Musical Gym wrote: I'm still just scratching the surface with Nora, but I imagine there's already a way to save a preset to a user location with another name?
Musical Gym,
I am not sure if you or others will find this information useful.
A short term fix which possibly you are already aware of?

So basically you navigate via your operating system to the Squaredheads directory.
Find the Phrases Directory and manually create a directory within it called:
USER
or whatever you want.
Optional: Create sub-directories within it that will hopefully describe the style of your favorite phrases.
ex:
MyFavArps
MyFavBass
etc.

Next time you are in Nora and find a good phrase first rename it as shown in diagram and drag it into your USER directory.
You won't alter the factory content at all by dragging and dropping as it will create a duplicate of the Phrase.

As I said its a short term fix for your request but a good way of collecting your favorite Phrases without modifying the main Factory presets.

Back up your USER directory prior to any re-install and simply drag it back after just in case. :)

The whole process would be even easier if Nora would allow the user to create, rename and delete within its customer browser.

Thanks very much kurodo. I think that method is good enough, maybe has its own merit over other ways...

If I modify a factory browser preset, am I modifying a copy of it? Does the original get changed to my modification? I'm talking about the factory presets, not user created/saved factory mods.

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks very much kurodo. I think that method is good enough, maybe has its own merit over other ways...

If I modify a factory browser preset, am I modifying a copy of it? Does the original get changed to my modification? I'm talking about the factory presets, not user created/saved factory mods.
Yeah it does have some merit :) Glad it helps.
Whenever you modify a factory preset nothing changes unless you commit it by overwriting the original and that can only happen if you drag the preset into the same directory it came from.
Even then Nora adds a file suffix if the names are the same so factory content is safe from accidental overwrite. You literally have to go out of your way to overwrite factory content which is always a good thing.

I think the icing on the cake to the above method would be the ability to create, rename and delete directly from Nora. Perhaps only available by entering Developer mode just in case a few users get trigger happy and start deleting by accident. :)

great, thanks again

Yes, I know the browser needs some work. Keep your finger crossed and enjoy meanwhile 2.5 ;)

Nora 2.5 is being problematic in Orion64 V8.605 . First it would not load, just reporting "loader was buggy", now after reinstalling it, it works fine during a session. But now it crashes Orion when attempting to open a saved track. Nora is a great programme and I've had no problems with the earlier versions of Nora, these things happen, so keep up the good work :D

I cannot dowload the Orion demo from Synapse Audio web. Is there a place where I can download it in order to test & fix?

squaredheads wrote:I cannot dowload the Orion demo from Synapse Audio web. Is there a place where I can download it in order to test & fix?
If you contact support at synapse audio I'm sure they will sort you out. I'll post on the beta site so Richard has a heads up.

When I select Random in Randomizer I get results; when I select Apply I get another result.

I thought Apply would tell Nora I want to use the initial result achieved before selecting Apply to confirm.

Would there be a way for Nora to reproduce Randomizer controls tweaking in real-time so you can hear the phrase control adjustments on the fly?

heks wrote:If you contact support at synapse audio I'm sure they will sort you out. I'll post on the beta site so Richard has a heads up.
I emailed him last friday to business@, as soon as I receive a reply I'll let you know.

Return to “Squaredheads”