Nora 2.5 Info

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nora 2.5 will be out pre-avaliable for our customers in 24-48 hours. It is a free update that includes some drastic features to let you work in new ways with phrases, you will be to create natural melodies easily now!

So, let's see its main new features:

Individual note transposition
- Each note can be individually transposed from -12 semitones to +12 semitones. Shift+Left click and drag your mouse up/down. Shift+double left click to reset.

Force to scale for transposed notes
- Since the transposed notes could not fit within your current scale, there is a new feature where you can choose the scale and the transposed notes (and only them) will be forced to sound within the scale. You can see a video here, it's endless fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ic6UiysQpw

All randomizer engines improved
- To take advantage of the transposed notes, every randomizer engine has been improved to support them. Also, you can lock or unlock all parameters with Ctrl+Click, to speed up your RANDOM workflow.

Improved support for keyboard players
- Due to Nora nature, keyboard players were having some small glitches when they played chords. This has been fixed and improved with Nora's Static mode.

Enhanced MIDI support
- Nora allows MIDI messages going through it, allowing, for example, your Modulation Wheel information reach your synth.

Play cursor improved feedback
- The play cursor has been recalculated, now it only works when the edited phrase is actually playing.

Phrase editor notes per octave range expanded to 7

Excellent update :)

Really like the new force to scale for transposed notes feature, I wondered how you did that clip you posted a while back, it was so subtle I couldn't quite work out what was going on. The feature open up lots of new possibilities.

Thanks for all your hard work on improving Nora.
Really looking forward to trying the update.

I'm looking forward to test update and I do understand you are happy about the update but you shouldn't have mailed me 12 times... :lol:

Probably something wrong with your mail system and it give me a good laugh.

I'm off to download. :love:

Edit: I just got a 13th mail. :party:

Yes, I'm sorry there was a bug with our outbox. Just delete them and enjoy Nora 2.5, I think the transpose feature is really creative :)

squaredheads wrote:Yes, I'm sorry there was a bug with our outbox. Just delete them and enjoy Nora 2.5, I think the transpose feature is really creative :)
Thank you!! :)

PS. i had 14 mails. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Wonderful update!
Thank you so much! :tu:

WWWWWow. The magic never ends around here. Countless thanks.

great update!

:tu:
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

yay, thank you for an awesome update

Thank you, I look forward to trying out the new version. I finally looked at my other email and got the message.

Edit: I'm having the same problem I had before with loading Nora from my external drive so I copied it over to Program Files>vstplugins>Squaredheads, but still no success. My old project with Nora and NoraHarm can't find the plugins even though they're in Studio One's Browser.
I'll try to retrace my steps to fix it like I did before.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. It motivates us to working hard in future versions :) I've spent hours and hours just randomizing pitches in the last week. It's an awesome feature, exploit it!

Musical Gym wrote:Edit: I'm having the same problem I had before with loading Nora from my external drive so I copied it over to Program Files>vstplugins>Squaredheads, but still no success. My old project with Nora and NoraHarm can't find the plugins even though they're in Studio One's Browser.
Did you tried installing instead copying? I'm going to do some tests using Nora in a removable drive the next week.

squaredheads wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Edit: I'm having the same problem I had before with loading Nora from my external drive so I copied it over to Program Files>vstplugins>Squaredheads, but still no success. My old project with Nora and NoraHarm can't find the plugins even though they're in Studio One's Browser.
Did you tried installing instead copying? I'm going to do some tests using Nora in a removable drive the next week.
Thanks, I will install again to default location. I just copied the installation from external drive to local drive. I'll let you know if it works or what I find out. Looking forward to randomizer fiddling.

Edit: I just was beginning to reinstall Nora, but the installer remembered my external hard drive installation path. What is the default location for Nora? Is it C:\Program Files\Vstplugins? I think maybe you had Nora.dll inside a folder named Nora before and now it is in a folder named Squaredheads.

Edit: I reinstalled to C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Squaredheads\ but no success loading. Studio One still shows Nora and NoraHarm under a Nora folder in S1's browser even after rescanning.

Now I'm searching PC for all Nora files and will delete and start over.

Edit: I think part of the problem is with Studio One's Vstplugins.settings file. I'll clean that up also, as it seems to store paths for plugins that are no longer relevant and/or sets them as loadable or not.

Edit: Should Help>About read 2.2 or 2.5 in latest 2.5 version? When I load Nora in Reaper, it still says 2.2.

Edit: OK, finally was able to load Nora and NoraHarm after clean-up and vstplugins.settings editing.
However, Nora still says version 2.2 in Help>About.

Musical Gym wrote:I just was beginning to reinstall Nora, but the installer remembered my external hard drive installation path. What is the default location for Nora? Is it C:\Program Files\Vstplugins? I think maybe you had Nora.dll inside a folder named Nora before and now it is in a folder named Squaredheads.
Yes, that's the default location. The installer generate a folder inside your VSTPath called SquaredHeads.
Musical Gym wrote:Now I'm searching PC for all Nora files and will delete and start over.

Edit: I think part of the problem is with Studio One's Vstplugins.settings file. I'll clean that up also, as it seems to store paths for plugins that are no longer relevant and/or sets them as loadable or not.

Edit: Should Help>About read 2.2 or 2.5 in latest 2.5 version? When I load Nora in Reaper, it still says 2.2.

Edit: OK, finally was able to load Nora and NoraHarm after clean-up and vstplugins.settings editing.
However, Nora still says version 2.2 in Help>About.
It should say 2.5. I tested 64 bit version here in Studio One and Reaper, and they work fine, they load older projects too. Could you let me know the exact size in bytes of Nora.dll and its installer? Maybe you're swaping versions, that's why I ask.

Return to “Squaredheads”