Autotheory 5 issues

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. (VST2.4 and VST3) In Bitwig 2.5 and Waveform 10 (Windows 10): Black keyswitches on the chord side seem somewhat wonky unless I'm missing something. In the default preset, if I press a black key (e.g. "Maj") it activates as expected. Click it again, nothing, it does not toggle. The manual states "Reselecting the same shifter key will revert AutoTheory back to the original key/scale selection found within the Global Parameters."

To turn a shifter key off, I have to activate a different one (e.g. "F"), which allows me to deactivate the first one ("Maj"), then I can deactivate the "F", which then becomes non-activateable!

2. (VST3) In BWS, AT does not output MIDI when triggered by MIDI. Triggering using mouse works as expected.

3. Additional: In W10 AND BWS, if using a Roli Seaboard (set to single channel in Roli Dashboard, and MPE switched off in W10 as AT is not MPE aware), AT (or W10's handling of AT?) uses an absolutely obscene amount of CPU. Like 60%+ with severe crackles/dropouts, and same percentage even with no synth involved anywhere. Filtering out Aftertouch, CCs and Pitchbend resolves this so it's something in your handling of these.

[EDIT: VST versions and further testing]
Last edited by Karbon L. Forms on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Using Reaper 5.974/x64. Can confirm black keyswitches on chord side act unexpectedly. Using a MIDI controller, the keyswitches act as expected, toggling on and off. Clicking on the keyswitch with the mouse doesn't always work.

Hello, thanks for the feedback on these issues. We are currently working to resolve the Key Shifter bug and the VST3 MIDI output bug. In the mean time, please use the VST2.4 version as it does not have the same issue that the VST3 does.

The Key Shifter bug has now been resolved. You can download the update on our website www.autotheory.net

I seem to have somewhat of a similar problem here in BWS. Except all of the formats vst/vst3, 86/64 all have midi problems. Cannot trigger smart scale at all by midi. But plays as normal when triggered by mouse click. Chord generator has some issues also depending on what is selected/toggled. But can be triggered. Kind of unusable in its current state in BWS. Is there an update coming soon?

Return to “Mozaic Beats”