AutoTheory vs AutoTonic vs Cales/Chordz (a quick comparison/contrast)

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AutoTheory AutoTonic - Modal MIDI Transposer Cales Chordz

AutoTonic is able to re-map to non-heptatonic scales, and it also allows for the creation of user scales. Will features like these be available in AutoTheory 3? :pray:

AutoTheory is more reasonably priced than AutoTonic. ($49 vs. $179) :tu:

Cales/Chordz are free 32-bit/64-bit VST plug-ins. :party:

AutoTheory's scale and chord tools are synergistically integrated into one plug-in-agnostic MIDI driver application. AutoTonic is a plug-in-agnostic MIDI application. Cales/Chordz are two powerful, independent VST plug-ins. :shrug: Different strokes for different folks.

Recommendation: Despite the overlapping functionality of these three tools, each one brings something different to the table. Unless someone figures out how to merge all of this goodness into a single MIDI tool, you will just have to own them all and use the one that best suits your current need at the time.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thanks for the input, it's always good to hear what you guys are thinking. I think that the trickiest thing we have to deal with is appeasing the wide range of experience and requests amongst our users. With functions like user created scales, I feel like it would only benefit a small portion of experienced users while it would confuse a wider base of beginning users. Also, implementing non heptatonic scales doesn't fit nearly as well with a keyboard layout. With 5 and 6 tone scales, we could probably figure out a way to get this done, but there haven't been many people asking for it. With 8 tone scales, it becomes more difficult. If we did implement those, I would want to make sure that it was implemented in as clean of a manner as possible.

As far as a plugin goes, that will likely not happen, as it would greatly compromise the ability of being able to control multiple instruments from AutoTheory.

With our next update, we will focus on implementing an internal sequencer that synchronizes things on a different level. It will greatly enhance workflow.

The point option Mozaic have to work on the next Auto Theory is the possibiity to have minimum 4 slot memory, to completely change the setup in the same track, the possibility to have so many different control on the scales-chords-humanize- mood-inversion- etc with only one session of Aito Theory open, just by memory slot.
Always 1 Auto theory open, but many face setup control in one time.
memory 1 can be with strummer, memory 2 totally other strummer feeling, memory 3 no strummer but totaly inversed, memory 4 with other chords, memory 5 other scales etc etc .. hope you understand me..?
When you comeback to work on your track, no need to hunt the setup again, all the memory and control are re open in the same slot before we close the session and with the same feeling. Everydody are relax and can build amaizing track with any risk to loose nothing...
because for now we loose some setup sometime and its hard to found the exact setup we do to release this track etc, and we loose so many time and lot of stress.
that why many producer dont go to far in creativity and cant realy explore deeper the scales and chords progression world.. lot of Stress
Sorry for my english im a Homer Simpson french

Homer Simpson... I think AutoTheory 4 will address what you are looking for. It has an internal Sequencer with multiple tracks and Scenes. It also has Key/Scale shifters, so there is a lot you can do with modulation possibilities.

When we can see this AutoTheory 4 ? :o and and for how much ? the full version and the update please.

Update will be $29.99, full version will be $99.99.

We are aiming for July 16th.

Stay only 4 days to upgrade. :love:

I buy it, i like it, and i want say thanks for the big job you do on this tool, i use both the Pro an the 4. :clap:
Thanks a lot. Dont stop the developpement.... :pray:

PS: BiG thanks to for all videos tutorial, Mozaic Beats is a first class Team to me.

Return to “Mozaic Beats”