AutoTheroy and Studio One with same MIDI keyboard ?

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, i bought AutoTheory recently at Pluginboutique and i like the program. But i don't understand how to setup my Studio One DAW and AT so that i can use my MIDI keyboard inside S1 and at the same time with AT. When i use the pc keyboard i can play the chords inside S1 without problems but playing AT with the MIDI keyboard is not possible and i think is locked in S1.

How do i setup ?

Thank you.

Hi, unfortunately there is no way to concurrently use your keyboard with AutoTheory. When you do this it can cause an overload and crash, as it is essentially breaking the rules of normal operation. Without deactivating your midi controller, it will be sending it's own signal concurrently with the AutoTheory signal.

We do have some decent alternatives however.
1. Using the bypass button on AutoTheory will allow you to use AutoTheory 1 in a "normal" keyboard state.
2. Midi cc data (sliders, knobs, etc.) also passes through AutoTheory 1, so you can assign these elements of your controller within your daw should you want to use them.

Understand that using AutoTheory essentially turns a 2 step process (controller to daw) into a 3 step process. This leads to some frustrating limitations. We have done our best to either work around these, or provide alternative solutions. We will continue to look for ways to improve upon these limitations. We are also looking into making our own keyboard controller with the technology inside of it, which would make the process a whole lot smoother. That is probably a ways down the road though.

Return to “Mozaic Beats”