Is VST3 the solution for a daw hosted AutoTheory plugin solution ?

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
according to steinberg, midi implementation has gone through a lot of enhancements with VST3 :
Quoting from steinberg website :
  • No MIDI restriction for parameter value transfers
    (...)This offers the possibility to e.g. modulate only a single note which itself is part of a chord.(...)
  • Multiple MIDI inputs/outputs
    Plug-in can have more than only one MIDI input or one MIDI output at the same time.
If I refer to what you said (speaking to Zac here) about VST limitations preventing you to port AutoTheory correctly, is VST3 something you have considered yet ?

We are looking into this as well as other options to simplify the process and make AutoTheory more easily accessible to users.

Are you still just looking?

Would be great to use if this were a VST. I bought it, but don't use it much because disabling my keyboard in my DAW is an unacceptable way to work.

A VST will not be part of our coming update or the foreseeable future. This would involve starting from scratch on some levels, which is not economically reasonable at this point in time. We will see where we are at as we progress, and maybe it will be something that we consider.

Return to “Mozaic Beats”