Korg nanoKONTROL Studio. SysEx

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. I saw the topic about this controller, but it's an old one. SO I try to do it in a new one.
So I already wrote a Java extension which is good for me and totally understand how to send MIDI to my controller to light up the button was pressed. BUT
This controller sends SysEx messages to change it's scenes. No problem with this but now I've got only 2 scenes so don't want to press the button four times to return to first one. And of course I tried to just send SysEx back to controller to do the step back. But nothing happens.
Pseudo code exmple:
First of all I just get the string from controller when Scene changed. Let's pretend this is the string "F001" to go to seconds Scene. And when I change the Scene from 5 -> 1 then I get the message "F000". Then I just call getHost().getMidiOutPort(0).sendSysex(toHexForm("F000")); - Nothing happens. It just igonres this.
Then I create an array byte[] = {0xF0, 0x00};. Result the same - it just ignores it.
Tell me please what I'm doing wrong?

It's sad the nano Studio controllers don't have any official scripts. These are great pieces of hardware but it is frustrating on Bitwig. I still don't have jog wheel working on the Kontrol studio and I am still having to manually assign tracks for select and for mute.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

I set up my nanKontrols with Flexi. I changed the default mapping anyway for my Max patches. And as they can be set into an HUI mode you could try the HUI script as well. Both are from Mossgraber...

Return to “Controller Scripting”