Controller driver state sharing

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have two devices, I’d like to share the cursors between them. Is there a facility for sharing the cursors between them, or do I have to come up with an out of band communication channel between the two drivers?

you can use a single script file where you execute the functions that setup the controller, then you can just share references when creating cursors

What you are describing sounds like sharing functionality not state. What I'm looking for is being able to move the cursor around with one controller, and then adjust the values with another controller.

devongleeson wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 pm What you are describing sounds like sharing functionality not state. What I'm looking for is being able to move the cursor around with one controller, and then adjust the values with another controller.
If you just want to have a cursor that follows the Bitwig state on two devices, you get this out of the box. If you want to pin e.g. a track and and edit a device on that track with the 2nd controller you need to share the state. There are 2 ways to solve this: 1) create only 1 script for both devices 2) create 2 scripts and implement a communication between them, e.g. with OSC. The later is more work but might make sense if you have complex existing scripts for the individual controllers.

Return to “Controller Scripting”