Midi Fighter Twister - Custom Mapping Edition

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Midi Fighter Twister - Custom Mapping Edition
Control Surface Script for Bitwig Studio - Developed by Artur Brahms
  • Simplified Control for DJ-TechTools Midi Fighter Twister
  • User controls freely mappable via right mouse-click "Learn Controller Assignment..."
  • Visual Feedback on Twister´s Knob-LEDs after Mapping
  • Bidirectional control of the assigned parameters
  • all 128 CC-parameters mappable
  • multiple Twister-Devices supported

Download & Documentaion:
https://github.com/Artur-Brahms/Bitwig- ... wister-CME
Last edited by Artur-Brahms on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you!

EDIT: Although it looks like its still javascript we'd have to compile ourselves? Is there a link to a ready-to-use .bwextension file for this?

Nope, this is a controller script, not an extension. Simply put it in your bitwig controller path.

Mac & Linux: ~/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Controller Scripts/
Windows: %Userprofile%\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Controller Scripts
or the user-defined path that you have set up in Bitwig (Settings -> Locations -> My Controller Scripts)

I have added an installation guide to the documentation and updated it to Github.

:tu: will try this in the evening

I'm a bit confused, will this just let me assign the knobs? or does it do anything more?

Right, it only allows own mapping with visual feedback to twister, which is otherwise not possible in bitwig!

Artur-Brahms wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 am Right, it only allows own mapping with visual feedback to twister, which is otherwise not possible in bitwig!
okay thanks! would be great if the leds on the twister would also change if the assigned knob is changed in Bitwig with the mouse as well.

also there's somewierd bug for me, if I assign a knob to a macro in Bitwig sometimes, once I turn the knob all the way to 127, the twister suddenly jumps to a different page (as if I would have pressed one of it's side buttons). do you maybe know what's going on here?

... on which platform and which bitwig version do you work? Visual feedback is, when u change a mapped parameter in bitwig it return the value to the twister and visual show it on the assigned knob led ring!

Is that not working for you?

Artur-Brahms wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:24 am ... on which platform and which bitwig version do you work? Visual feedback is, when u change a mapped parameter in bitwig it return the value to the twister and visual show it on the assigned knob led ring!

Is that not working for you?
that's exactly what's not working, I'm on the newest version on macOS Catalina.

Looks like that bitwig don't recognize the midi fighter via my script on Catalina correctly. i write youa pm!

This is a great script and has improved my Bitwig experience.

I have one question, though: can I map a single MIDI CC to multiple parameters? I'd like to use is with an instrument selector so that a certain knob always controls the "filter" of whatever synth I am playing. Is this possible? I haven't been able to get it working in my Bitwig.

jsterne wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm This is a great script and has improved my Bitwig experience.
Thanks, you are welcome!

jsterne wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm I have one question, though: can I map a single MIDI CC to multiple parameters? I'd like to use is with an instrument selector so that a certain knob always controls the "filter" of whatever synth I am playing. Is this possible? I haven't been able to get it working in my Bitwig.
Yes of course, Bitwig offers different ways to do this. For me, the modulators (MIDI modulator) are the most flexible.

I will attach an example!

Greetings from Germany!
Artur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you!

Thanks for this script, Artur. I'm experiencing the same behavior that when I turn a knob to its full value, the Twister switches to the second bank of knobs.

Is there a fix for this on MacOS 12.6.3 Monterey?
docbot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Artur-Brahms wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 am Right, it only allows own mapping with visual feedback to twister, which is otherwise not possible in bitwig!
okay thanks! would be great if the leds on the twister would also change if the assigned knob is changed in Bitwig with the mouse as well.

also there's somewierd bug for me, if I assign a knob to a macro in Bitwig sometimes, once I turn the knob all the way to 127, the twister suddenly jumps to a different page (as if I would have pressed one of it's side buttons). do you maybe know what's going on here?

Upon further testing, I see that this happens only to the knobs on the top row of Bank 1. Maxing out the second knob on the top row changes the bank to #2; maxing out the third knob on the top row changes the bank to #3; maxing out the fourth knob on the top row changes the bank to #4.
fourhexagons wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:17 pm Thanks for this script, Artur. I'm experiencing the same behavior that when I turn a knob to its full value, the Twister switches to the second bank of knobs.

Is there a fix for this on MacOS 12.6.3 Monterey?
docbot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Return to “Controller Scripting”