Problems with FX Selector device

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure that the device is working, just that my understanding of it is not! In an attempt to automate the selection of presets I've set up an instance of FX Selector with 3 copies of the Phase 4 device each with it's own preset. Then I've attempted to automate the FX Selector by setting the Index property.

Visual inspection of the FX Selector device shows the active Device and preset being selected as expected. However, the outputted sound and the VU meters on the FX Selector reveal that the devices are not playing in a mutually exclusive way, thus defeating the whole point of the exercise.

Can this approach be tweaked to make it work, or do I need to completely rethink my approach?

I should point out that my broadband is down at the moment and for reasons of cost, I cannot trawl through tons of YouTube tutorials on my mobile!
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

I think I've sorted it. I replaced the FX Selector with the Instrument Selector and it works really well
I still don't know if this is the neatest and most efficient way of achieving what I want, but it will do for now!

carlca wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 pm I think I've sorted it. I replaced the FX Selector with the Instrument Selector and it works really well
I still don't know if this is the neatest and most efficient way of achieving what I want, but it will do for now!
Yes, that was your problem. Both of the Selector devices work reliably, and best of all, any audio "tail" from a previously selected layer still rings out when you switch to a different layer. The tails aren't cut off at each switch.

Yokai wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 am
carlca wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 pm I think I've sorted it. I replaced the FX Selector with the Instrument Selector and it works really well
Yes, that was your problem. Both of the Selector devices work reliably, and best of all, any audio "tail" from a previously selected layer still rings out when you switch to a different layer. The tails aren't cut off at each switch.

Thanks for the heads-up, Yokai! There's so much to learn!

Return to “Controller Scripting”