Bitwig UI following selected cursor track

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi!

I'm writing a javascript controller script (in v2.3.5, api version 6) to select the previous and next tracks. I have done this via creating a cursorTrack:

Code: Select all (#)

cursorTrack = host.createCursorTrack("followSelection", "followSelection", 2, 0, true)

and assigning select previous and next functions to my controllers buttons:

Code: Select all (#)

cursorTrack.selectPrevious()
cursorTrack.selectNext()
This all works fine except that the Bitwig UI doesn't scroll along with the selected track. That is, if my computer screen can only see the first 8 out of 14 tracks, and I keep selecting next to end up on the last track, I can't see it as it's 'off' the screen.

However, when you do the same thing using the arrow keys, the UI updates and scrolls along to keep the selected track in view.

Is there something I'm missing to tell the UI to scroll along with my selection? I've passed true to createCursorTrack for shouldFollowSelection so I would assume that this would be part of that behaviour.

It does this in modes (arrange, mix, edit).

Thanks,
Dyson

HI Try asking Mr Moss
he is the scripting god
and overall nice and helpful person

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I guess you are looking for the following methods:

Channel:
void makeVisibleInArranger ( )
void makeVisibleInMixer ()

Call them on your CursorTrack.

Thanks moss!

No idea how I missed those methods, I read over all them them about 20 times!

Works a treat, cheers!

Thanks Moss! Is there anything equivalent for CursorDevice? I couldn't find anything in the API docs.

dgmulf wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:15 am Thanks Moss! Is there anything equivalent for CursorDevice? I couldn't find anything in the API docs.
The API is sadly not consistent in certain areas. So for Devices you can use: cursorDevice.createSiblingsDeviceBank

Return to “Controller Scripting”