Steinberg CMC séries and Flexi By Moss

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

As a veteran Cubase user that has switched to bitwig recently I loved the idea of being able to get somehow partially my full CMC setup to work with bitwig.
I currently own :

1 CMC TP
1 CMC QC
1 CMC AI
1 CMC CH
1 CMC PD
3 CMC FD

For the main one I use the TP it works nearly perfect using the normal MCU pro protocol that’s standard in Bitwig.

However I started to try out flexi by Moss as it listens and responds to note information as all the CMC’s work on note info being sent.

But somehow once I map one of the functions of let’s say the CH then after mapping it’s also still transmitting note info in the sense that it plays a note on the channels that has a synth on it.
So when I press stop I hear a note playing and so on.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation.

Also the regular MCU script passes info forward and backward to the CMC devices but flexi does not as example the leds don’t light up and stuff when pressing.

Look forward to any advice on this

Thanks people
The moment you think you are better than music you are finished!

The notes should get blocked from the input stream if you assign them. I think I spotted a little bug in my code that it only gets updated when you change the type or restart the extension (or restart Bitwig).
Please give this a try after you changed a note assignment.

You can also try my MCU extension which is part of DrivenByMoss and is much more powerful than the one that is included in Bitwig.

Hi Moss,

Thanks !
Going to try that out shortly and keep you updated about the possibilities with the full CMC range ☺️

Hi Moss,

So what you said worked and already getting a fair amount of control, also switching channels with the CH works now.
Just I can't seem to get the fader working ?
It seems that none of the knob modes in Flexi is appropriate for the touch fader.
The touch fader sends out pitch data but with data increments up to 9000 steps ?

Here is a screenshot :
Is there any way around this that I can get this working ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

On a side note if I select the MCU profile for the CH then the fader does work but only for the first channel, so that's no use.
Also the MCU profiles do submit data back to the units for lighting up the knobs and stuff but the Flexi script does not is this normal ?

In the meantime I was able to get everything working now except all the faders for the 3 FD's I have and the fader on the CH

1) The update of blocking the notes will be fixed in the next version
2) Generic flexi feedback to the controller does only work if the command for turning on/off the LED is the same as the value send out by the device.
3) Pitch is normally only used by controllers which use the MCU protocol, that's why I did not put it in the Generic Flexi
4) What is the problem is you use MCU with the FD?

Return to “Controller Scripting”