Novation SL Mk3 - how accessible is it for scripting?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:01 pm The explanation is very simple: HUI is not MCU.
Hahaha! That explains! :)

Sorry, as I mentioned, I am pretty familiar with MIDI, but had never looked into these specific protocols. I’ve done so now, and it indeed seems a bit weird that they went with HUI instead of MCU, especially since the protocols don’t seem to differ much and since it seems that all the DAWs they list as supported are happy doing MCU as well.

I’ve emailed Novation Technical Support to ask if they have any technical documentation on how to use the displays built into the SL MKIII when it’s in InControl mode.

It won’t surprise anyone that they don’t currently have any information they can or are willing to share. :)

The good news however is that they are aware people would really like to get access to the displays and that the product team has a ticket in their issue tracking system for it they are collecting contact information on from people interested.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 61 key but dammit there is nothing online I can find about BWS integration. Deciding between this, Nektar P6 and NI Komplete Kontrol.

This thing looks perfect but really, no BWS out of the box?!?!!? C'mon it's a first rate DAW at this point D: D: D:

Return to “Controller Scripting”