Dedicated controllers

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am dabbling in making my first controller script. The thing I want to do is to dedicate my Akai MidiMix to control instances of Phase-4. I love the synth but I want to be able to really play around with all the controls when I load it in to projects, and then 6 knobs won't do. The MidiMix (almost) has enough knobs, faders and buttons to cover everything.

Anyone here done anything like this?

Sounds like a great idea to me! Can’t believe there aren’t any dedicated hardware controllers for bitwig. It is still young though I suppose!
I’ll be interested to see how you get on.
I really havent done any real scripting at all, but may look into it.

I really don't see the need so much. To develop a dedicated controller needs a LOT of investment which would only pay back if the need in the existing user base is big enough. On the other hand by giving us the possibility to adapt already existing controllers to our beloved DAW we are already covered pretty well. Think of Abletons Push as a dedicated controler, cover the Ableton logo with a Bitwig sticker...
You can't expect a new, just for Bitwig made controller could be better than what we got already. I could imagine that Akai would create a Bitwig edition of one of their controllers, as they did in the past for other tools. But its not really necessary. We can use any controller mostly to our liking already...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm I really don't see the need so much. To develop a dedicated controller needs a LOT of investment which would only pay back if the need in the existing user base is big enough. On the other hand by giving us the possibility to adapt already existing controllers to our beloved DAW we are already covered pretty well. Think of Abletons Push as a dedicated controler, cover the Ableton logo with a Bitwig sticker...
You can't expect a new, just for Bitwig made controller could be better than what we got already. I could imagine that Akai would create a Bitwig edition of one of their controllers, as they did in the past for other tools. But its not really necessary. We can use any controller mostly to our liking already...

I’m yet to try push 2 and komplete kontrol mk2 with bitwig. Going to do it tonight. Can’t wait!

What I meant was not a BWS controller, but I want to script my MidiMix to only do work on the parameters on Phase-4.

I have a APC40MK2 that I have DrivenByMoss running on. But I want to dedicate other controllers to only work on specific plugins.

That way I can use the AKAI midimix to instantly control 24 parameters instead of just the normal eight.

If I can't do that I always have to map them manually for each project.

That should be possible. The script needs to track a selected track and then switch the control sets according to your needs...
At least in theory it should be possible. To aid you in the details is up to others...

Return to “Controller Scripting”