Creating Tracks within sessions

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello there,

I tried this two years before but couldn´t work on it further and then the project got out of sight. Now I tried again scripting for Bitwig. My problem is the following:

I got a self built MIDI controller that shall be integrated into Bitwig. I allready did this for Ableton Live and managed it but in Bitwig I face some problems right at the beginning. I want to create 5 audiotracks with my controller script when I create a new project in Bitwig. Therefor the function "createAudioTrack()" shall be used. As I am new to this I started with the Bitwig scripting tutorial but unfortunately explanaitions at some points are a bit inaccurate. For me it seems I have to create objects from the class "ControllerHost" as this has been done with "createTransport()" in the "init" function within the tutorial. I tried the same way with "createApplication() but this won´t create any track in a Bitwig session and the console doesn´t show any mistake. Can somebody help me with this?

Code: Select all (#)

loadAPI(1);

host.defineController("TEST", "MYCONTROLLER", "1.0", "721210a0-82b8-11e8-b567-0800200c9a66");
host.defineMidiPorts(1, 1);

function init()
{
    transport = host.createTransport();
    application = host.createApplication();
    application.createAudioTrack(1);
    application.deactivateEngine();

println("Runnning On Bitwig 2");
}

function exit()
{
    println("exit.");