DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

turbo_kev wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:48 pm Hi Mr Moss
when I move the faders on my icon m+
The faders in BW move as expected
but now in V3 of BW if you move the faders with the mouse
you also get a numeric readout
is it possible to have the same action when I move the faders with icon m+
so I can keep my eyes on the screen and not have to look down to the icon m+ display
I don‘t think that is possible to achieve with a script. You have to demand it from Bitwig. Moss cannot do anything about it...

Brilliant work! I checked today Push 2 with Bitwig and it's crazy! Is there any chance that proper 'User mode' will be supported? It would be awesome to map custom buttons and faders to Push's user mode. This would make me switch to BW from Live.

imagine2015 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:02 pm Brilliant work! I checked today Push 2 with Bitwig and it's crazy! Is there any chance that proper 'User mode' will be supported? It would be awesome to map custom buttons and faders to Push's user mode. This would make me switch to BW from Live.
Let's see...

Hi Jürgen, a friend gave me the Novation Nocturn controller. He doesn't want to keep it, because it needs the Automap software. The problem is, that the latest Automap doesn't support the Nocturn at all. It's a pitty, because this is just a beautiful little controller and would be just the right thing for my wife to control her Bitwig. I found a js template for the Nocturn, but it's 5 years old and Bitwig 2.5 doesn't recognize it anymore. I don't want to move that beautiful device into the trash, - may I kindly ask you to write a script also for the Nocturn, maybe by modifying another Novation script? I would love to send you the controller for working on the script, and I guess it would be an easy treat for you. And maybe a way to avoid garbage, also for those ones who still own a Nocturn and can't use it anymore.

Syngularity wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am Hi Jürgen, a friend gave me the Novation Nocturn controller. He doesn't want to keep it, because it needs the Automap software. The problem is, that the latest Automap doesn't support the Nocturn at all. It's a pitty, because this is just a beautiful little controller and would be just the right thing for my wife to control her Bitwig. I found a js template for the Nocturn, but it's 5 years old and Bitwig 2.5 doesn't recognize it anymore. I don't want to move that beautiful device into the trash, - may I kindly ask you to write a script also for the Nocturn, maybe by modifying another Novation script? I would love to send you the controller for working on the script, and I guess it would be an easy treat for you. And maybe a way to avoid garbage, also for those ones who still own a Nocturn and can't use it anymore.
Have you looked into using the Generic Flexi with it? I think that a specialized script could not do more with it.

moss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 am
Have you looked into using the Generic Flexi with it? I think that a specialized script could not do more with it.
Yes, I did, but the Nocturn doesn't appear as midi device in Bitwig, only in the device manager of Windows. I did a research, and it's correct - for using in a DAW, the Nocturn was restricted to be connected with Automap running in Background. Only Automap appears as midi device, and that makes no sense here.

Syngularity wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am
moss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 am
Yes, I did, but the Nocturn doesn't appear as midi device in Bitwig, only in the device manager of Windows. I did a research, and it's correct - for using in a DAW, the Nocturn was restricted to be connected with Automap running in Background. Only Automap appears as midi device, and that makes no sense here.
Sorry to say, but then it is a nice doorstop...

moss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 am
Sorry to say, but then it is a nice doorstop...
Anyways, thank you for your quick replies, Jürgen, and keep up the great updates for the devices with Bitwig! So I got another piece for electro trash. Oh, and thanks to Novation. I was seriously thinking about replacing my 49SL MKII with a MKIII. But now, hmmmm.

Hi Jürgen, first of all thanks for your big (amazing ?) work on device integration for bitwig.
I see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjv9wgCtWI you achieved to use Knob for Remote Control on device for NI S Keyboards using CLEAR button to toogle Device / Volume mode.
Unfortunatly A series doens't have a CLEAR button.
So do you think you have time to change access or use an other button (IDEAS button seem not used on A / M series)
Or maybe juste a toogle in the device settings page ?
Thanks a lot

maxime_mk21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am Hi Jürgen, first of all thanks for your big (amazing ?) work on device integration for bitwig.
I see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjv9wgCtWI you achieved to use Knob for Remote Control on device for NI S Keyboards using CLEAR button to toogle Device / Volume mode.
Unfortunatly A series doens't have a CLEAR button.
So do you think you have time to change access or use an other button (IDEAS button seem not used on A / M series)
Or maybe juste a toogle in the device settings page ?
Thanks a lot
I thought about the A-series too but came to the conclusion that it does not make much sense with that device, since you are even more limited with the display (texts cannot be changed).

I thought about the A-series too but came to the conclusion that it does not make much sense with that device, since you are even more limited with the display (texts cannot be changed).
I personaly look a lot more my screen than my keyboard and realy love tweek sound. Even without feedback on the keyboard their is a good feedback on screen.

On an other hand, I'm a beginner and my way to do will probably not be "standard".

moss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:49 am
imagine2015 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:02 pm Brilliant work! I checked today Push 2 with Bitwig and it's crazy! Is there any chance that proper 'User mode' will be supported? It would be awesome to map custom buttons and faders to Push's user mode. This would make me switch to BW from Live.
Let's see...
Would be really appreciated. And it would be even better in case the pads could switch on/off like toggle buttons. I use it in that way in Ableton, basically playing a note clip when a button is pressed and the note is sent to 'Push User mode MIDI'. Not to mention such configs are quite tiresome in Live. Anyway, impressive work! Thanks!

PS: Open/close plugin window via Push totally sold me! :phones: It's ridiculous that it's still not possible in Live.

imagine2015 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm PS: Open/close plugin window via Push totally sold me! :phones: It's ridiculous that it's still not possible in Live.
Really? Wow, didn't know that.

I don‘t think that is possible to achieve with a script. You have to demand it from Bitwig. Moss cannot do anything about it...

does that mean that Mr Moss will have to wait for the api to be updated

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

It has nothing to do with the API. You want that the visual numerics are not only shown when mousing, but also when you use the controller. Just demand it, I think it makes sense. Though, there is a dB readout at the bottom you might have overlooked... It would then work with any script automatically...

Return to “Controller Scripting”