DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:04 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:58 am There are no device pages nor mappings except for the Bitwig devices...

On Windows and Mac, everything up to date (tested in 3.0 & 3.01).
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:14 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 am
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 am Hmm, parameter read-out of VST Plugins (for example TAL Synths) doesn't work anymore on Bitwig 3.01 & Push 2 (latest DBM version) on u2d Windows 10...

Where do we from here? :phones:
Then I guess you have not mapped the parameters.
All parameters were automaped in the past... I didn't changed anything. :(
The past is not the present :-)
Load the device, open the remote controls parameters and check.
Bitwig only ships with a handful of mappings for Third party devices, it mainly just supports its own plus a few others - that's why I started this initiative (not sure about TAL as that is one I don't have)

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998&p=7478298#p7478298
There was a default mapping for TAL U-NO 2 out of the box for example, it has gone...

Maybe Bitwig removed it for some reason? This is why they really need to make the whole process of importing and exporting device maps more user friendly - it's easy to map (if laborious with some plugins) but the actual place they are saved is hidden away so I wouldn't even know the filename for the TAL map. Still it doesn't look as complicated as say Pigments to map - if you do this add it to our share thread please

How do I save this maps for sharing?

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am I just adapted my nanoKontrol with Flexi and wondered about some missing targets.
I could not find a way to set the volume of a fx track,
There is a function to toggle between the instrument/audio and fx track bank.
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am and I only found toggle mute/solo/record on tracks, which are not really needed and did not find set mute/solo/record... The controller toggles itself and that way reflects the state, now I have to hit my button three times when I want to switch off...
I get your point. Isn't there an editor where you can change the behaviour?

iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm How do I save this maps for sharing?
See the first post of the thread I linked to

moss wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am I just adapted my nanoKontrol with Flexi and wondered about some missing targets.
Where is that exactly? And I am not sure if it would help, as I wanted to use my ninth fader directly...
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am and I only found toggle mute/solo/record on tracks, which are not really needed and did not find set mute/solo/record... The controller toggles itself and that way reflects the state, now I have to hit my button three times when I want to switch off...
I get your point. Isn't there an editor where you can change the behaviour?
Yes, but then the light would not reflect the state. I don‘t want to change my mapping, as its used in other environments as well.
I would never need a toggle as target, because I can get that behavior with the last knob mode if I need it...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:53 pm
Where is that exactly?
Track -> Toggle TrackBank

What Sync settings do you guys use so that the tempo syncs between Bitwig and the Novation SLmk3 sequencer?

srcodling wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 pm What Sync settings do you guys use so that the tempo syncs between Bitwig and the Novation SLmk3 sequencer?
In Bitwig enable to send MIDI sync to the SL and on the SL enable to receive MIDI sync in the global settings.

Dear Moss,

Thank you very much for your great script! :clap:
For Komplete Kontrol MKII in mixer mode, please can you add track color on the 8 top buttons of the keyboard ?

Ghislain2b wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:09 am Dear Moss,

Thank you very much for your great script! :clap:
For Komplete Kontrol MKII in mixer mode, please can you add track color on the 8 top buttons of the keyboard ?
Sorry, that's not possible. You have to ask NI to extend the protocol.

Hi moss,
I love your Push2 script but run into problems with it.
When a plugin has too many parameters and I select the respective track, the whole Bitwig gui freezes.
I tried this with Kirnu Cream (Arp) and Akai VIP on Windows 10. Both plugins freeze Bitwig for up to 10 seconds.
As soon as I turn off your script or power of my push 2, Bitwig becomes snappy.
Is it possible to limit vst parameters?

Here is a video of the issue (google fotos):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mqDegWSABn1S8NWK6

my computer:
i7 7700@4.8ghz
16gb ram
2x samsung evo 970 raid
nvidia 1070gtx
rme hdspe aio
windows 10

cheers

astey wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:13 am Hi moss,
When a plugin has too many parameters and I select the respective track, the whole Bitwig gui freezes.
I tried this with Kirnu Cream (Arp) and Akai VIP on Windows 10. Both plugins freeze Bitwig for up to 10 seconds.

my computer:
i7 7700@4.8ghz
16gb ram
2x samsung evo 970 raid
nvidia 1070gtx
rme hdspe aio
windows 10

cheers
Please report this to Bitwig. There is nothing I can do about it.

moss wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am
astey wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:13 am Hi moss,

my computer:
i7 7700@4.8ghz
16gb ram
2x samsung evo 970 raid
nvidia 1070gtx
rme hdspe aio
windows 10

cheers
Please report this to Bitwig. There is nothing I can do about it.
I'm in touch with them - let's see if they're willing to help.

Hi Moss.
I found a small bug related to using multiple projects with push2. if you select a project In the master view, push returns to the previos state before it's possible to push the activate button.
Do you think this can be fixed, because its very useful for live performance.
Cheers
Peter

Return to “Controller Scripting”