DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 pm https://youtu.be/lwjv9wgCtWI
That is very cool- may have to trade in my P6 for one of these NI MK2's, I love that animated display on the parameters!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hello there!

Using Bitwig 3.0.1 running over Mojave 10.14.6.
Yesterday, installed the 7.03 for use with Push 2. Push 2 is working fine.

But now, Bitwig doesn't responds to any key of my Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard, which I intend to use simultaneously with Push 2 on Bitwig. I've already tried going to SETTINGS > CONTROLLERS, added the Keyboard, but it seems to be disconnected...

Any tips / help?

Thanks!

CarlosPSilva wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 am Using Bitwig 3.0.1 running over Mojave 10.14.6.
Yesterday, installed the 7.03 for use with Push 2. Push 2 is working fine.

But now, Bitwig doesn't responds to any key of my Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard, which I intend to use simultaneously with Push 2 on Bitwig. I've already tried going to SETTINGS > CONTROLLERS, added the Keyboard, but it seems to be disconnected...
Are you using it as a normal keyboard or with my extension? If you use mine make sure that the NI Host service is running (the "DAW" midi ports must be present). Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Hi Moss,
thanks for Push 2 color update :tu:

Question: recently I get a 'Push 2 crashed' pop up everytime I fire up my Push 2 in Bitwig 3.01 (bAX: Could not open device: Operation not supported or implemented on this platform) with the option to disable or restart.
If i just close the pop up, everything seems to be working as expected however. So: no biggie, but: any idea what causes this ?

AuralBee wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:29 pm Hi Moss,
thanks for Push 2 color update :tu:

Question: recently I get a 'Push 2 crashed' pop up everytime I fire up my Push 2 in Bitwig 3.01 (bAX: Could not open device: Operation not supported or implemented on this platform) with the option to disable or restart.
If i just close the pop up, everything seems to be working as expected however. So: no biggie, but: any idea what causes this ?
Hmm, sounds like a problematic USB cable or port. Try changing both.

Hello,

I havn't made much music in the past year and had to sell my Push controller a while ago.
Today my new Push 2 controller arrived and I'm eager to start producing again.

I currently own the version 2.3.5 from Bitwig Studio and it's running under Windows 10.
Therefor I downloaded the "DrivenByMoss-2.00.zip" (which isn't supported anymore).
I followed the installation instruction on the github page: Placed the extension file into the "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions\" folder.
Nearly everything works on the controller - except the display. It's just displaying the Ableton Push Logo with the Word Push:
photo5334611263424146084.jpg
Within the zip file there is a folder called "push2display". Does this need to be copied into a specific directory to work?

Thanks for the help in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jub_m wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:15 pm I currently own the version 2.3.5 from Bitwig Studio and it's running under Windows 10.
Therefor I downloaded the "DrivenByMoss-2.00.zip" (which isn't supported anymore).
I followed the installation instruction on the github page: Placed the extension file into the "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions\" folder.
Nearly everything works on the controller - except the display. It's just displaying the Ableton Push Logo with the Word Push:
photo5334611263424146084.jpg
You can read the installation instructions in the history of the wiki:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... 76cdcb0708

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm You can read the installation instructions in the history of the wiki:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... 76cdcb0708 (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/wiki/Installation/4341232767480413cc875daa19b73f76cdcb0708)
Thanks for the quick reply!
Does it need to be the version 8 or can I use jdk12.0.2 aswell?

jub_m wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:24 pm
moss wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm You can read the installation instructions in the history of the wiki:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... 76cdcb0708
Thanks for the quick reply!
Does it need to be the version 8 or can I use jdk12.0.2 aswell?
Needs to be 8.

moss wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:51 pm Needs to be 8.
Thank you so much :) Works perfect now!
I really appreciate the work and effort you put into these extensions.

Shameless plug for those who might be interested in controlling Reaper with Novation SL MkII. Sorry, Moss. :D
https://github.com/AlexFundorin/SLMkII-Reaper-CSurf

Version 7.04 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de

Changes:
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Ableton Push 2
    • Fixed: Improved stability writing the color palette
  • Komplete Kontrol MkII
    • New: Added Send mode (CLEAR button to toggle). Edit all sends of the selected channel.
    • New: Add track number to mixer view channels
    • New: Added Recording Option: Toggle Rec Arm State of selected track
    • New: Now, first checks if the selected device on the selected channel is a Komplete
      Kontrol devcice, if not the first instrument device is checked. This way you can edit
      multiple Komplete Kontrol instances on a channel.
Enjoy!

I just adapted my nanoKontrol with Flexi and wondered about some missing targets. I could not find a way to set the volume of a fx track, and I only found toggle mute/solo/record on tracks, which are not really needed and did not find set mute/solo/record... The controller toggles itself and that way reflects the state, now I have to hit my button three times when I want to switch off...
Btw. the native Bitwig nanoKontrol script does not work for me, as the original mapping did not fit anything I wanted. I made my own mapping I use since decades...

There are no device pages nor mappings except for the Bitwig devices...

On Windows and Mac, everything up to date (tested in 3.0 & 3.01).
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:14 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 am
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 am Hmm, parameter read-out of VST Plugins (for example TAL Synths) doesn't work anymore on Bitwig 3.01 & Push 2 (latest DBM version) on u2d Windows 10...

Where do we from here? :phones:
Then I guess you have not mapped the parameters.
All parameters were automaped in the past... I didn't changed anything. :(
The past is not the present :-)
Load the device, open the remote controls parameters and check.

iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:58 am There are no device pages nor mappings except for the Bitwig devices...

On Windows and Mac, everything up to date (tested in 3.0 & 3.01).
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:14 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 am
moss wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:37 am
iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 am Hmm, parameter read-out of VST Plugins (for example TAL Synths) doesn't work anymore on Bitwig 3.01 & Push 2 (latest DBM version) on u2d Windows 10...

Where do we from here? :phones:
Then I guess you have not mapped the parameters.
All parameters were automaped in the past... I didn't changed anything. :(
The past is not the present :-)
Load the device, open the remote controls parameters and check.
Bitwig only ships with a handful of mappings for Third party devices, it mainly just supports its own plus a few others - that's why I started this initiative (not sure about TAL as that is one I don't have)

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998&p=7478298#p7478298

Return to “Controller Scripting”