DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello!

I'm using Generic Flexi script available in the 7.0 version of the DrivenByMoss extension. I can't get a working mapping of my controller's transport buttons to BW's transport functions. The controller is sending MMC SysEx messages, for example, this is what it's sending when the Play button is pressed:

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
258393 13 -- 240 Buffer: 6 Bytes System Exclusive
SYSX: 240 127 127 6 2 247

In the Flexi's configuration dialog, MMC messages are detected correctly (i.e. Play will be detected as MMC number 2) and can be set to the currently selected slot. However, mapping them to the transport functions just doesn't work. Pressing the controller's transport button afterwards produces no result.

The transport controls work as expected when the Generic MIDI keyboard script or the old Thomas Helzle's MIDI learn script are used.

Strangely, when I change the currently selected slot temporarily, and then return back to it, the MMC mappings appear to be associated with MIDI Channel 1. But SysEx shouldn't be associated to a specific channel. Couldn't this be the cause of the problem?

moss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:21 am
thisreallyispeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 pm Hello,

I was attempting to use Open stage control as a touchscreen mix controller, running a touch screen laptop as the controller to my main computer over the same network

I was able to control Bitwig but anything that required a message to be sent from Bitwig to Open Stage control would not work. I could not see any of the mixer section.

Any help on getting Open stage control setup in this way with the feedback from Bitwig?
The problem is that the IP-Adresses and Ports can still not be configured :-/
I hope that Bitwig will fix that soon, please complain as well. The more peopkle the better :-)
Thank you for the quick reply! I thought this may be the case but was not sure. I will request that this gets implemented/fixed as I would love to have a touchscreen mix interface!

I have the new SLMKIII mapping to keep me occupied for now, fantastic work there!

I previously had running (with pretty heavy but workable latency) my main computer projecting a second screen over wifi to my touchscreen laptop with input enabled and it worked great as a mix surface for a bit but recent updates to windows has made this connection a bit less stable so I have started looking for another option to do this

adcom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:34 am Hello!

I'm using Generic Flexi script available in the 7.0 version of the DrivenByMoss extension. I can't get a working mapping of my controller's transport buttons to BW's transport functions. The controller is sending MMC SysEx messages, for example, this is what it's sending when the Play button is pressed:

In the Flexi's configuration dialog, MMC messages are detected correctly (i.e. Play will be detected as MMC number 2) and can be set to the currently selected slot. However, mapping them to the transport functions just doesn't work. Pressing the controller's transport button afterwards produces no result.

The transport controls work as expected when the Generic MIDI keyboard script or the old Thomas Helzle's MIDI learn script are used.

Strangely, when I change the currently selected slot temporarily, and then return back to it, the MMC mappings appear to be associated with MIDI Channel 1. But SysEx shouldn't be associated to a specific channel. Couldn't this be the cause of the problem?
Ah, I see but that should have not worked before. I only tested with device ID 1. I will limit this to 16 device IDs for the next update, which will also make your use case work. But currently there is no work around for you (until you can set the device ID to 0-15).

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm
adcom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:34 am I can't get a working mapping of my controller's transport buttons to BW's transport functions. The controller is sending MMC SysEx messages, for example, this is what it's sending when the Play button is pressed:

Ah, I see but that should have not worked before. I only tested with device ID 1. I will limit this to 16 device IDs for the next update, which will also make your use case work. But currently there is no work around for you (until you can set the device ID to 0-15).
Is it possible to allow also the 127 (7F) device ID? This is a special value which denotes 'all devices', and thus might be a quite common case for controllers sending the MMC messages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Machine_Control (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Machine_Control)

In my controller this value is hard-coded and cannot be changed.

adcom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:46 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm
adcom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:34 am I can't get a working mapping of my controller's transport buttons to BW's transport functions. The controller is sending MMC SysEx messages, for example, this is what it's sending when the Play button is pressed:

Is it possible to allow also the 127 (7F) device ID? This is a special value which denotes 'all devices', and thus might be a quite common case for controllers sending the MMC messages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Machine_Control

In my controller this value is hard-coded and cannot be changed.
Yes, tha will work and shows up as channel 16.

turbo_kev wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:40 pm Hi Mr Moss
EDIT After a pc reboot all is ok again PHEW
cheers Kev

after updating to V7 of driven by you
my icon platform m+ no longer seems to work properly
IE. I load a previous project and the faders all move to the correct positions
but if I move any of them they just keep going back to the last position
as if some kind of automation track is running, but I have no automation

also if I go back to the last version of driven by you
everything works normally again

cheers
kev
WOrks fine for me. Could it be that you somehow created a MIDI loop?!

I have one question: WHERE CAN I SEND YOU AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY FOR THIS AWESOME SOFTWARE??!!! Amazing that Bitwig won't support the Novation SLmk3, but you will - for FREE!

Yes, Moss - just setup a Patreon page...

Version 7.01 is online!

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • Arturia Beatstep
    • Fixed: Caught exception when pads are transposed. Now an error is printed to the console.
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: MMC commands with device IDs > 15 did not work.
  • Novation SL Mk III
    • New: Route all 16 MIDI channels to Bitwig (not only channel 1)
Enjoy!

Thank you for trying man, I really wanted to use this, but the integration between Push 2 and Bitwig 2.5 is just horrible. The Push 2 screen was blinking like a bastard when browsing plugins, couldn't figure out how to load an instrument, the list goes on... Took 5 minutes, and I gave up. Did not feel comfortable using this at all. Great in theory man, but for me it just didn't work out. :(
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Hi all,

I just bought a Komplete Kontrol s61 mk2 and I can't get your script to work: I installed everything as per instructions on github but I don't see 'Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1' in the drop-down menu.
I'm using Windows 10 and Bitwig 2.5.1 Demo version.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

gabrybalza wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm I just bought a Komplete Kontrol s61 mk2 and I can't get your script to work: I installed everything as per instructions on github but I don't see 'Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1' in the drop-down menu.
I'm using Windows 10 and Bitwig 2.5.1 Demo version.
What am I doing wrong?
If you do not see the DAW-port the NI Host Integration service is not running correctly or not at all. First try to reboot with the controller connected and turned on. If that doesn't help reinstall the Komplete Kontrol software.

I reinstalled Komplete Kontrol and everything works great.
Thank you so much! <3

Looking at the list of supported controllers, I don't see Maschine mk3. Is it only Micro that has been scripted?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 pm Looking at the list of supported controllers, I don't see Maschine mk3. Is it only Micro that has been scripted?
Yes, that is correct. I made several attempts to get a device but so far no luck.

Return to “Controller Scripting”