DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

thank you, moss -- it works like a charm.

first of all thank U for all ur work!
Beatstep script crashes every time. I searched the forum but didn't see anything. maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm new here and to the script. I'm using the latest DrivenByMoss and Bitwig v2.5.1 great work otherwise.

I’m blown away by the Push2 script. That sheeat is fargin amazeballs!!! Dzaaammmmm. Dope! Impressed!
Last edited by Myner on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So I am still on Bitwig 2.3 but will upgrade eventually. I got a new dj controller (Akai AMX) but am in two minds about keeping it, because while I like it and it doubles up as a decent audio interface and midi controller, its functionality as a dj controller for serato is quite limited.

While mapping the knobs with the Generic Flexi controller in version 2.00 of the extension, it does this thing where the value jumps all over the place instead of increasing or decreasing linearly. The knobs work fine if I map it just as a regular controller. So I'm wondering if this is a known issue in version 2 of the script that was resolved in later updates or if it's due to an issue with the Akai AMX. I will upgrade Bitwig eventually and just want to know if it'll work when I do.

Myner wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:19 am Beatstep script crashes every time. I searched the forum but didn't see anything. maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm new here and to the script. I'm using the latest DrivenByMoss and Bitwig v2.5.1 great work otherwise.
Works fine here. Please post the full crash stack trace from the script console.

maschinelf wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:51 pm While mapping the knobs with the Generic Flexi controller in version 2.00 of the extension, it does this thing where the value jumps all over the place instead of increasing or decreasing linearly. The knobs work fine if I map it just as a regular controller. So I'm wondering if this is a known issue in version 2 of the script that was resolved in later updates or if it's due to an issue with the Akai AMX. I will upgrade Bitwig eventually and just want to know if it'll work when I do.
For each midi mapping you can choose from 3 different relative modes ("Knob Mode"). One of them should do the trick.

Yea I should've mentioned that I already did that and also tried with the send value to device set to both on and off. I tried with another controller and that worked so I guess the problem is with the AMX. Which is fine since that is not it's purpose anyway. It does work with the generic keyboard + 8 knobs setup, which is why I thought it could've been a glitch with an older version of drivenbymoss and was possibly fixed later. I think it might be related to the generic script only requiring midi input while the flexi needs both in and out.

I am kind of divided about whether or not to keep it, so just looking for additional reasons to justify it I guess.

I am using the Flexi script to configure a midi controller (KM BopPad) to tap tempo.
Does Flexi have a way to change the release of a midi note? let me explain.

I can map any midi keyboard to control tap tempo (via shortcuts), but for some reason the KeithMcMillian BopPad won't work. It does works with midi notes in general, and mapping, for instance, stop/play, just not with tap tempo.

Does it have to do with how tap tempo works in Bitwig? What can I do about it? I just switched to Bitwig and this feature is of critical importance (the drummer set the tempo by playing on the drumset and on the midi pad)

I noticed that if I tap tempo with a shortcut while the controller is mapped to tap tempo, Bitwig register only the one "tap" from the controller. Any ideas?

aleksF wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:07 pm I am using the Flexi script to configure a midi controller (KM BopPad) to tap tempo.
Does Flexi have a way to change the release of a midi note? let me explain.

I can map any midi keyboard to control tap tempo (via shortcuts), but for some reason the KeithMcMillian BopPad won't work. It does works with midi notes in general, and mapping, for instance, stop/play, just not with tap tempo.

Does it have to do with how tap tempo works in Bitwig? What can I do about it? I just switched to Bitwig and this feature is of critical importance (the drummer set the tempo by playing on the drumset and on the midi pad)

I noticed that if I tap tempo with a shortcut while the controller is mapped to tap tempo, Bitwig register only the one "tap" from the controller. Any ideas?
I suggest that you check with a midi monitor what the BopPad is actually sending, e.g. could be that it double triggers notes. DrivenByMoss also includes a midi monitor.

I just released DrivenByMoss 7.0!
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • New: Added support for Novation SL Mk III
  • Fixed: scrolling of parameter pages by page bank did not work (e.g. Shift + cursor left/right on Push)
  • Ableton Push 2
    • New: Deactivated channels and layers are drawn in dark colors
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk II / A-series / M32
    • New: Light record button as well on clip recording and clip overdub
https://youtu.be/SIpemqOpg1M

Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:37 am I just released DrivenByMoss 7.0!
  • New: Added support for Novation SL Mk III
  • Ableton Push 2
    • New: Deactivated channels and layers are drawn in dark colors

https://youtu.be/SIpemqOpg1M

Enjoy!
I Don't have the SL MK III but wow :love: !
That's a big great work again !
also you made a so great work with the push 2 (That i own) , Fully functional, user friendly , intuitive and really fun to use !
Thanks again !

Hello,

I was attempting to use Open stage control as a touchscreen mix controller, running a touch screen laptop as the controller to my main computer over the same network

I was able to control Bitwig but anything that required a message to be sent from Bitwig to Open Stage control would not work. I could not see any of the mixer section.

Any help on getting Open stage control setup in this way with the feedback from Bitwig?

Dear Moss. Can you please take a quick look on MIDI TouchBar layout for Ableton from http://urbanlienert.com/miditouchbar/?

There already have all needed for good channel strip - macros (unipolar, bipolar, buttons), track level, solo-mute, sends and naming. As he says the pack already have decompiled Ableton script. Maybe it can be useful for you.

Unfortunately developer paused work for that but I didn't believe he would have implemented Bitwig support in the future.

Actually i don't know how difficult it is for you but we (touchbar Bitwig users) crossed fingers that you can help us. :pray:

Otherwise, could you explain what needs to be done? And I'll try to reach out to someone for help.

Thanks.

Hi Mr Moss
EDIT After a pc reboot all is ok again PHEW
cheers Kev

after updating to V7 of driven by you
my icon platform m+ no longer seems to work properly
IE. I load a previous project and the faders all move to the correct positions
but if I move any of them they just keep going back to the last position
as if some kind of automation track is running, but I have no automation

also if I go back to the last version of driven by you
everything works normally again

cheers
kev
Last edited by turbo_kev on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

thisreallyispeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 pm Hello,

I was attempting to use Open stage control as a touchscreen mix controller, running a touch screen laptop as the controller to my main computer over the same network

I was able to control Bitwig but anything that required a message to be sent from Bitwig to Open Stage control would not work. I could not see any of the mixer section.

Any help on getting Open stage control setup in this way with the feedback from Bitwig?
The problem is that the IP-Adresses and Ports can still not be configured :-/
I hope that Bitwig will fix that soon, please complain as well. The more peopkle the better :-)

mrfrenkie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 pm Dear Moss. Can you please take a quick look on MIDI TouchBar layout for Ableton from http://urbanlienert.com/miditouchbar/?

There already have all needed for good channel strip - macros (unipolar, bipolar, buttons), track level, solo-mute, sends and naming. As he says the pack already have decompiled Ableton script. Maybe it can be useful for you.

Unfortunately developer paused work for that but I didn't believe he would have implemented Bitwig support in the future.

Actually i don't know how difficult it is for you but we (touchbar Bitwig users) crossed fingers that you can help us. :pray:

Otherwise, could you explain what needs to be done? And I'll try to reach out to someone for help.

Thanks.

Hi, I do not have a Mac with Touchbar. And looking at the latest Apple release it feels like a dead technology. Maybe you can ask Bitwig if they plan to support it.

Return to “Controller Scripting”